IGNORED

GTIABlast! WIP demo

playsoft

• 1 month later...

Great game! I lover it. :-)

In my opinion, the new tunes matches mutch better with such a great shooter as the animal party-soundtrack... The ap-tunes are good, too, but sounds too "funny" for a space-shooter.

Great work!

Sleepy

Hm... what type of tunes would you expect in a shooter?

Come on Emkay, I was joking......As the Joker would say, "Why So serious"

If my lovely little Atari could play that music I'd be as happy as a pig in s**t...

hehe...

And, as you might know, I always liked to get the best possible out of the A8/POKEY.

Well, in my opinion, action games need fast and driving soundtracks. So, I'm pondering, what Sleepy wants.

Edited by emkay

Yes, I know your expectations of our beloved POKEY...And never stop trying!

As for what Sleepy wants?

A Dopey and Grumpy threesome?

Seriously, horses for courses, I'm not much for this new music like dubstep etc, for me music is about having the real skill to create it rather than join a set of samples up, sure there's some skill in that but creation from pure tone and moulding it in to something is my liking, but I'm old school who like people to be able to play instruments and or sing without some tuning technology...

Hm... what type of tunes would you expect in a shooter?

Hm, hard to explain... the Animal Party-tune is very good, but when I´m listening to it, I´m thinking of Animal Party, which is - in my opinion - a very funny game (which I also like to play). AB makes fun, too, but flying through the space and shooting at aliens is another kind of fun; it needs something that sounds like space... I´m sorry, I think I didn´t find the right words to explain it. Last but not least it´s a matter of taste. :-)

Sleepy

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

I don't know how I missed this at the time,  but I just stumbled upon it yesterday. Flashed to a maxflash cart and tried it out this morning.  All I can say is "Holy Crap!".  By the 3rd or 4th level,  my jaw had dropped open and I was mumbling "am I really playing a game like this on my ancient Atari 800?!".  Feels more like a 90s shmup on Genesis.  Totally awesome job on this! 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, eegad said:

I don't know how I missed this at the time,  but I just stumbled upon it yesterday. Flashed to a maxflash cart and tried it out this morning.  All I can say is "Holy Crap!".  By the 3rd or 4th level,  my jaw had dropped open and I was mumbling "am I really playing a game like this on my ancient Atari 800?!".  Feels more like a 90s shmup on Genesis.  Totally awesome job on this! 

Being just nosy: Wich version did you play? The version with "one tune" or the version with "several tunes" ?

• 4 months later...

Please help a newbie.

I just got an Atari 800 48K last week, and haven't used any of this stuff in literally decades. I currently have an SDrive-Max device that runs atr and xex etc.

Can I play Atariblast on my Atari 800? Would I also need to buy a flash cart to do so? Or is this game really only for higher RAM machines (I only have the 800 right now)?

Thanks.

1 hour ago, TapperP said:

Please help a newbie.

I just got an Atari 800 48K last week, and haven't used any of this stuff in literally decades. I currently have an SDrive-Max device that runs atr and xex etc.

Can I play Atariblast on my Atari 800? Would I also need to buy a flash cart to do so? Or is this game really only for higher RAM machines (I only have the 800 right now)?

Thanks.

This has been tested on a 16K Atari 400 with 8mbit Atarimax flashcart.  It will work off other flashcarts that support Atarimax bankswitching.  If unsure just try running it.

If you have downloaded the wrong version (the 1088K one for those with the extra RAM upgrade) - you'd notice that this version loads the whole game before starting - therefore you have a long wait.  The normal version runs straight away.

Harvey

• Like 1