IGNORED

Alien8 coming to A8 :)

I love isometric games, so this one will be great. And it doesn't show slowdown when overlapping certain regions of the screen which is a big bonus indeed.

Fandal, has there been any work in optimising this? (Now I ask that, I bet that there has been a lot!)

Would a nice g2f or Rastaconverter image be possible on load-up?

I love isometric games, so this one will be great. And it doesn't show slowdown when overlapping certain regions of the screen which is a big bonus indeed.

Fandal, has there been any work in optimising this? (Now I ask that, I bet that there has been a lot!)

Would a nice g2f or Rastaconverter image be possible on load-up?

There is already an old one from Emkay.

And there's a conversation about doing those Alien8 pictures at AOnline.

There is already an old one from Emkay.

And there's a conversation about doing those Alien8 pictures at AOnline.

Ahh, I've taken a look through AtariOnline and I see that there are two versions, one running quicker with extra memory. That's a good strategy.

Fandal, would it be possible to ship the game with some form of memory map of the program (or source code)?

It'd be nice to be able to manually create our own graphics and add them into our own levels, within the memory constraints of the existing program.

These mono conversions don't do the A8 any justice imho

It seems that the onlys that can get it other than mono like you said are the Z80 Amstrad CPC and the 6502 BBC but then the bitmap screen doubles the memory needed and just for the screen.

At least A8 has PMGs and Artifacting.

Most and old 8bit computers work hi-res as two, bit 0 and bit 1 so even the specific A8 colours and luminances can be, if just some 'heading' be done other ways ;) ...

BBC has their hi hi res in two colours 640 but the machine only has 32KBs of Memory.

Amstrad CPC also but them you get good looking 3colours 320x screen 12KBs/16KBs that look may look amazing in Batman and Head Over Heels but even these two I'll maybe use that 3+1 colours other way...

But then if no Rasters then same gfxs 320x Mode in a Manic Miner or Jet Set Willy on CPC or BBC?

:)

• 2 weeks later...

Well,

here is Alien8 (update2/latest update). The game was already packed with CPU-Packer, I compressed it a little more with Superpacker... -Andreas Koch.

Thank you very much Andreas.

I'll upload this version on our website http://atari.panprase.cz/ in the event that someone was looking for.

Edited by Lukaso