IGNORED

Wanted: Commodore 1702 and other displays

Hello!

I plan on dragging a ton of game consoles and displays to the Portland Retro Gaming Expo, but with a larger booth this year I want to setup even more systems than I had last year! The biggest problem is coming up with enough displays. If anyone has any Commodore 1702 monitors they can either:

1) Sell and ship to me before the show.

2) Let me borrow for the duration of the show.

That would be fantastic! I'll also entertain televisions that are 20" or larger, as I can use those to highlight some of the newer games. Televisions should have S-Video input for optimal quality (although composite input will work as well), and you should have the remote for the TV. :)

Please post here or contact me if you can help!

Thanks,

..Al

I have a Commodore 1084 D in the box I'm looking to sell! (same one you used last year from me) I can't believe I still have this. LOL

if you're interested... have you found any yet?

Rick

I haven't found any 1084D's. ;) How much do you want to sell it for?

Thanks,

..Al

Here's a pic of the damage (what happens when you use newspaper to pack a complete C64 setup). We need someone with an IROC Z to lend us his jar of Bondo.

Ouch!

I have some 1702s that don't work and not sure I'll have time to troubleshoot them before the show. I could swap your monitor into one of the better cases I have. :)

..Al

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I was able to pick up two Commodore 1702s locally this evening! The owner, who purchased them new "back in the day", was going to give them to me for free, but I gave him some cash. Haven't tested them yet, but will do so soon.

..Al

Cool. I was driving home from work last month on a Saturday afternoon and it looked like somebody had had a tag sale and left a few items that didn't sell at the end of their driveway. One of them was a 1702 monitor. Stopped and grabbed it. It works perfectly. Even has the door! :)

Allan

Cool. I was driving home from work last month on a Saturday afternoon and it looked like somebody had had a tag sale and left a few items that didn't sell at the end of their driveway. One of them was a 1702 monitor. Stopped and grabbed it. It works perfectly. Even has the door! :)

Allan

Wow, that's crazy! Glad you grabbed it before it either ended up in the garbage, or it rained on it!

..Al

• 2 weeks later...