IGNORED

HSC Season #4 - Game 6 Pinball

Bounce that ball, hit the targets!!! Get that gold ball, and unlock the magic of the turtles on the third table!

Scores will be accepted until Sunday, August 11th, 2013 @ Noon Central.

INTV Lives on PS2/DS will not be allowed for any future play on the HSC. PC/MAC emulation and actual hardware to play.

Current Scores for game - Pinball * FINAL *

1. Ignorama - 365,610 ( + 10 )
  2. felson42 - 180,960 ( + 9 )
  3. Oscar G. - 51,130 ( + 8 )
  4. darthkur - 50,000 ( + 6 )
  5. jblenkle - 34,250 ( + 4 )
  6. Darrin9999 - 12,000 ( + 2 )

Oscar G.'s score via the DS - 83,110 would not of made a change in scoring.

High Score Table for Season 4 HSC (Thru 5 games)

1. Ignorama - 48
  2. cparsley - 37
  3. Oscar G. - 36
  4. felson42 - 23
  5. WispFollower - 19
  6. INTVDude - 13
  7. mr_intv - 11
  8. JacobZu7 - 7
  9. jblenkle - 6
  10. darthkur - 5
  11. Liduario - 4
  12. Roadrunnner - 4

Edited by cparsley

usually only PC/MAC emulation (Nostalgia/jzintv) - esque or original console is allowed.

As far as I was told, the INTV lives on consoles PS2, Gamecube, DS are not pure emulations of the titles... let me look into it and I'll get back to you... in the meantime, anyone's thoughts on this, feel FREE to post here.

While looking for an answer to Ig's question, came across this helping post from one of the previous playings of Pinball...

Due to not doing well at the tournament Im at, this game is getting my 100% attention breaking it down each and every piece of it. So in that vain, here's some more tips...

Level 1 (Green) : for about 95% of the time, you DO NOT want to be here (only place you can lose your ball), however there is one thing you can score, and that's the lovely "gold ball"!!! Nailing the bars on the top left side, you get not only a handful of incrementers, but you also get a nice multiplier and double scores for the rest of the ball.

Level 2 (Orange) : This is where you can pick up a bloody billion points, incrementers and multipliers, so this a great board to hang out on. First off, spelling "P-i-n b-a-l-l" nets you a bonus multiplier (P-i-n) stays lit once earned, (b-a-l-l) will remove if you go over it the 2nd time. In addition, nailing all four targets on the top left sets yourself up for a fifteen second chance at the moving target. Nailing the target gets you 25,000 points and once again, a nice bonus multiplier. Finally, taking the ball into the claw on the right hand side three times lights the middle bumpers and gets you a multiplier and three incrementers. Good thing here, is EACH additional hit on the claw gets you THREE MORE incrementers and ANOTHER multiplier!

Level 3 (Blue) : The final board, while can be a major pain, can also net you the two nicest bonuses in the game, an extra ball and a free 150,000 points while letting you re-earn the bonuses (normally you'd be capped at 5x and 30 incrementers). To complete this (the pictures above) is by making the INTV's version of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles appear by clearing the four yellow targets in the top middle of the board. Each time you complete it, you'll light the turtle (starting at spot 1, thru spot 6) (middle is a spot, and far right is one) Once completing this, the hole in the top right appears. First hit nets your number turning red (extra ball), and the 2nd time clears (and pays you) the bonus. Once the bonus is paid, you can start earning your 5x/30 again.

Any other questions on this game just ask.

• Like 1

usually only PC/MAC emulation (Nostalgia/jzintv) - esque or original console is allowed.

As far as I was told, the INTV lives on consoles PS2, Gamecube, DS are not pure emulations of the titles... let me look into it and I'll get back to you... in the meantime, anyone's thoughts on this, feel FREE to post here.

I don't have any objections about playing the game on the Nintendo DS version. In fact just like Ignorama I'm going on vacation myself (for quite a while) and wouldn't mind taking a portable version of the game with me :)

This is the first time ever I play at INTV pinball and I still have to get used to the control scheme.

BTW I think the Intellivision lives on the DS use the actual ROMS, no? I remember extracting the ROMS from the Intellivision lives PC version to use on the CC3...

There is a Glitch which gives you unlimited points for doing nothing. If the ball rolls very slow, it sometimes stays at the place I marked with a red point. If it lies there, you get points. You can free the ball with the rumble feature (press the disk up). I hope no one uses this glitch to get points in this competition.

PLEASE NOTE: My score was made WITHOUT this glitch, I just used the pic to show the place. I had this glitch in an ealier game (and used the rumble to get the ball free).

And one more question: The score just goes to 999.999, what if I get more points? There are some bonusses which bring 50k and more points, so it can happen in a perfect run and I am afraid that the score restarts with 0.

New score: 137.470

post-35236-0-47826200-1375212542_thumb.jpg

Edited by Ignorama

Its just luck to get the Ball in that position, so I dont know if I get the chance to make a video, but I will when it happens again. I noticed a much worse problem. On the red-screen the ball often stucks at the marked place. Sometimes you cant get it free with rumbling the table before you got tilt... I lost a multiplicator x3 and 17 Bonusses on that, so 51k points -.- I dont know if its intended or just a flaw in the game design, but its frustrating and happens much more often then the glich which brings points.

So be careful with that.

post-35236-0-52072100-1375415099_thumb.jpg

Ignorama, I ran into the glitch on the red screen you wrote about where the ball gets stuck on the small red area between the flippers. I was able to get out of it without losing a ball or tilting the table though. I bumped the table once and then mashed the flippers like mad. The ball bounced up just enough so a flipper caught it and got it out of there. So, if you get stuck there again dont give up.

Ignorama, I ran into the glitch on the red screen you wrote about where the ball gets stuck on the small red area between the flippers. I was able to get out of it without losing a ball or tilting the table though. I bumped the table once and then mashed the flippers like mad. The ball bounced up just enough so a flipper caught it and got it out of there. So, if you get stuck there again dont give up.

Thank you, but sometimes you cant get free, or even worse: You stuck twice :lol: