IGNORED

NES Epyx 500XJ question

I have a question. I like the Epyx controller for the Atari and I've just recently seen one for the Nintendo. Does anyone know how the start, select, and rapid fire buttons work? I've never known Epyx to use soft buttons but it looks like they must on this thing.

Here's an auction listing just to show what I'm talking about.

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?ff3=4&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&mpre=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fitm%2F500XJ-EPYX-Controller-for-Nintendo-NES-by-Konix-%2F281137044137%3Fpt%3DUS_Video_Game_Controllers%26hash%3Ditem417512daa9

I have 2!

I really like the 500XJ. I have them for Atari (of course!), Sega Master System, NES, and even Apple II.

The "soft" buttons are kind of lame, but they work. I mean, fortunately, they're not buttons that you're going to demand any "performance" out of, like the FIRE buttons. They're a little soft and wimpy, and they don't offer much in the way of tactile feedback that they work. But they do work, and I guess that's all that matters.

If the stick is advetised to work (TESTED!!!!! COMPLETELY!!!!) then I don't think it's that big of a deal.

On the Master System, the D-pad sucks so bad for some games that the 500XJ is a savior! The NES has a pretty good controller, and of course other sticks, but since I like the 500XJ anyway, I really like it on the NES too. For shoot-em-ups that require 10,000 FIRE button presses, it's a little fatiguiging. For platforming and Pac-manning, it's great!

Ok, they are soft buttons. I'm actually using a Famiclone style controller now. You know the ones, cheap squares with 4 buttons 2 of which are rapid fire. My only complaint with those is that the rapidfire buttons need to be reversed. I don't know why no one has thought of that but most NES games use fire and jump so reversing them would let you rapid fire and normal jump.