IGNORED

TI Related -- Ebay / Heads Up Notice

Omega-TI

11 minutes ago, Ksarul said:

Believe it or not, an adapter exists to connect that keyboard to a 99/4A. An enthusiast from Mannheim, Germany built a PEB card to do it. Unfortunately for the community, he neither shared how he did it nor did he ever make more than the original proof-of-concept board that he made for his own use, so the adapter disappeared into the mists of time. . .

If it was a PEB card, it was probably using custom GROMs to run it... I don't think you can override the keyboard from the PEB so KSCAN wouldn't work.

Could be wrong on that, I haven't dug too deep into playing games with the 9901, but since KSCAN is reading actual hardware pins I don't think the CRU line will override that.

https://www.ebay.it/itm/225020051554?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=hE-Xjqb6TxO&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=dAl035cGRym&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=EMAIL

Per collezionisti esigenti, segnalo questo pacchetto con una domanda:

È uscito anche in Italia questo "pacchetto software"?

I saw this MFM 10 MB today, $140 at dougdeals. (I browse there since they are local pickup to me.) dougdeals is a surplus dealer that often gets huge lots from laboratories. It's where I found the TM990/518 and a lot of PicoPSU.  I like to browse the semiconductor and industrial equipment, no immediate reason...

https://www.dougdeals.com/vintage-miniscribe-ii-model-2012-hard-drive-and-board-pn-40002014/

MFM type should work with Myarc HFDC card, right?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, FarmerPotato said:

I saw this MFM 10 MB today, $140 at dougdeals. (I browse there since they are local pickup to me.) dougdeals is a surplus dealer that often gets huge lots from laboratories. It's where I found the TM990/518 and a lot of PicoPSU.  I like to browse the semiconductor and industrial equipment, no immediate reason...

https://www.dougdeals.com/vintage-miniscribe-ii-model-2012-hard-drive-and-board-pn-40002014/

That should work with the HFDC, but it should also work with the Personality Card if you can get a good WD SASI board to plug into it.

• Like 3

On 1/27/2023 at 3:56 PM, FarmerPotato said:

The stepper motor on these Miniscribes sometimes requires manual coaxing.  A gentle quarter turn back and forth usually frees them.  Telltale signs are that the drive doesn't spin up and/or displays a blinking light error message. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, pixelpedant said:

TI-99/4 e sidecar Disk Controller e sidecar RS-232 e disco esterno e PEB all'asta qui .

image.png.c8803318e0df23a62cb76c98b3b5108c.png

Quindi dovrebbe essere interessante. 

Che meraviglia!😍

A me qui in Italia, solo la spedizione mi verrebbe 180€😁

E mi immagino a che prezzo finirà l'asta..

Però è veramente un bel "pezzo"👍🏻

@Serafini Lapo yes exactly, in fact for all that stuff, in my opinion,  the cost of the shipping in Italy would be much more, maybe they got the price wrong on the ad.
However on the final grandtotal, you'll have to add the cost of customs fees :( it becomes a bloodletting.
(italian translate: si esatto, anzi per tutta quella roba secondo me è molto di più il costo, forse hanno sbagliato il prezzo sull'inserzione. Comunque a prescindere da tutto dovrai aggiungere al totale anche il costo delle spese doganali :( diventa un salasso).

• Like 1

15 hours ago, InsaneMultitasker said:

The stepper motor on these Miniscribes sometimes requires manual coaxing.  A gentle quarter turn back and forth usually frees them.  Telltale signs are that the drive doesn't spin up and/or displays a blinking light error message. 

Good to know. 

Our Boy Scout troop had a Winchester (Myarc personality card WDS1) on "loan" from TI.   By 1986 it would not start up. 

After that , I always had the Winchester outer case off- as someone instructed me to tap the starter pickup springy thingy with a screwdriver. Worked ok--it would then spin  up!  One time I got my fingers on live AC. 

(Back story: TI Lubbock West building somehow had a Myarc WDS1 system. they apparently had no use for it, and "loaned" it to Troop 508 , to which they had previously "loaned" two 4A systems in 1982.  Two Scoutmasters worked at TI. 🙂  We then put all our Merit Badge quizzes in one directory. Also all the Infocom games. TI closed their West building around 1984, "donated" the 4As and WDS1 to Troop 508.  My family kept it ... Before going off to college in 1989, I sold it to Jerry Coffey--Compuserve sysop. Wish I could get it back!) 

Your HFDC + MFM still runs fine for me. 

• Like 2