IGNORED

TI Related -- Ebay / Heads Up Notice

Omega-TI

11 hours ago, arcadeshopper said:

mike also has a video interface and a wafer tape up on ebay.. 

Aaagh! I want these!  But I got to specialize, specialize!  No more collecting these tiny, nostalgia-inducing, rare beasties!  Got to focus on the big iron. 

Y'all knock yourselves out bidding on these.  

On 4/6/2023 at 4:44 PM, pixelpedant said:

Oh, and mdude put a tested/working Hexbus Printer 80 up for bidding (not buy it now): https://www.ebay.com/itm/225515335671

Too rich for my blood, and anyway, I don't really have any use for it, if I'm being honest.  But a tempting opportunity for some.

image.png.9c36cd43bd3c53e01758121301b8b4a2.png

can we all agree to not bid on this so I can get one? :) thanks

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

On 4/8/2023 at 11:32 AM, FarmerPotato said:

Aaagh! I want these!  But I got to specialize, specialize!  No more collecting these tiny, nostalgia-inducing, rare beasties!  Got to focus on the big iron. 

Y'all knock yourselves out bidding on these.  

Yikes! (Good for Mike though!)

IMG_4741.jpeg

• Like 4

1 hour ago, acadiel said:

Yikes! (Good for Mike though!)

IMG_4741.jpeg

I suspect the winner of the Wafertape got a possible bargain, as quite a few of those tapes look to have programs on them. If we are lucky it will have gone to someone in the community who can try and read them for preservation (and no, I didn't win the Wafertape).

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, pixelpedant said:

Indeed, would be nice if those had something to share, and it were shared.  That having said, even if they were TI's own wafertape programs, most of their named wafertape software titles are pretty dry stuff of course:

image.png.3c73a0d0ee3dd3b66db50341ec58d85a.png

I don't know, be interesting to see how Perspective Drawing is implemented on the cc40 screen.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Ref: Greg's post about the TIPC with the nutso price on Ebay.

I am informed that the price is probably "because keyboard". Apparently the TIPC kbd is one the keebsters lust after. Seller's other items seem reasonably priced. 

PPC in Denver with even more software and a printer, reasonable starting bid. Local pickup only, looks like.  https://www.ebay.com/itm/314520503613

Edited by jbdigriz
add reference to OP.

2 hours ago, Pheonix said:

OK, now this is an interesting project....

Anyone think they could finish the work (and can afford the auction?)

I am honestly torn on this.  Having three SX-64s in my possession, one which works fully and the other two questionable but prime targets for some mods (LCD screen, &c,) putting a 99/4A in one of them has not been on my list.  Interesting project.  Could I complete it?  Yes.  Could I afford it?  I could, but not sure I am willing to put a half-large into such a beast right now.

That little 5" monitor in the SX-64s is quite impressive.  It is surprisingly sharp, and I was able to use Novaterm's 80-column mode on it (admittedly with younger eyes.)

My projects right now include reviving a B500 system with 8050 floppy drives, and coming up with a way to capture a 4A's screen to print SuperSketch masterpieces, both for VCF.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Duewester said:

Oops I did it again.

Peeked in on ebay at a 99/4a with a speech synth. Made offer (mostly for the synth) I figured was low. Dang it, they accepted. Well, now 5 99/4a's and running out of room for them.

Soon you will be like me, with at least 50 of them squirreled about the house--but that is nothing compared to the doomsday prepper collection amassed by my good friend @Schmitzi:)  :)  :)

• Haha 3