IGNORED

TI Related -- Ebay / Heads Up Notice

Omega-TI

"Is ZeroZap for the TI-99/4A a good game?"

As an AI language model, I don't have personal opinions or experiences. However, I can provide some information about ZeroZap for the TI-99/4A.

ZeroZap is a shoot 'em up game developed and released by Texas Instruments for their TI-99/4A home computer in 1984. The game involves controlling a spaceship and shooting down various enemies and obstacles.

In terms of reception, ZeroZap generally received positive reviews at the time of its release. It was praised for its fast-paced gameplay, challenging levels, and smooth controls. The game's graphics and sound were considered impressive for the TI-99/4A's capabilities.

However, it's important to note that opinions on game quality can be subjective, and what one person considers a good game may not be the same for another. If you enjoy retro shoot 'em up games and have access to a TI-99/4A computer, ZeroZap could be worth trying out to see if it aligns with your personal preferences.

• Haha 6

46 minutes ago, InfiniteTape said:

"Is ZeroZap for the TI-99/4A a good game?"

As an AI language model, I don't have personal opinions or experiences. However, I can provide some information about ZeroZap for the TI-99/4A.

ZeroZap is a shoot 'em up game developed and released by Texas Instruments for their TI-99/4A home computer in 1984. The game involves controlling a spaceship and shooting down various enemies and obstacles.

In terms of reception, ZeroZap generally received positive reviews at the time of its release. It was praised for its fast-paced gameplay, challenging levels, and smooth controls. The game's graphics and sound were considered impressive for the TI-99/4A's capabilities.

However, it's important to note that opinions on game quality can be subjective, and what one person considers a good game may not be the same for another. If you enjoy retro shoot 'em up games and have access to a TI-99/4A computer, ZeroZap could be worth trying out to see if it aligns with your personal preferences.

I have generally had fun with this game--it is one of a very small number of TI games that I actually don't have to worry about my general lack of fine motor control on. . .stable soldering iron: yes; stable motion control: not happening.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, InfiniteTape said:

AI is stupid.

• Like 2

If you tell it that. It will say "I apologize, you are correct. ZeroZap is not a shoot 'em up game." It will then proceed to invent another paragraph of facts which are also mostly wrong, where a smart person would have just shut up and not dug a deeper hole. ;)

I'm not going to go try it, I've done it a few times with other subjects just to see how far it will go.

From my experience, ChatGPT sounds to some extent like a student in an oral exam, asked for a topic that was announced to be relevant, but which was somehow subject to the "courage for the gap"*. So if you just don't have a clue, you take the name ("Zero-zap") and fantasize something around it. I think it did not even mix it up with Parsec.

(*German "Mut zur Lücke", when one decides that the topics are just too much to learn, so this and that can be left out because it will surely never be asked. And if so, the professor is a &!%&$§.)

• Like 3

12 hours ago, OLD CS1 said:

AI is stupid.

It’s actually doing an incredible job pretending it is human, since humans are stupid. Just read any article in a magazine, newspaper, or watch a news broadcast about something that you are very knowledgeable about, and you will realize how much BS people spew with great confidence about subjects they know little about. The Dunning-Kruger effect is very real.

Edited by CapitanClassic
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, CapitanClassic said:

It’s actually doing an incredible job pretending it is human, since humans are stupid. Just read any article in a magazine, newspaper, or watch a news broadcast about something that you are very knowledgeable about, and you will realize how much BS people spew with great confidence about subjects they know little about. The Dunning-Kruger effect is very real.

And that's why I don't believe in the news media so much either, they get it wrong too. Oh, but that's how we all learn, from mistakes someone makes, AI will also continue to learn until it's right.

We must always double check our facts and the ai facts too.

Call Say Uhoh

Edited by GDMike
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, digdugnate said:

I like Zero Zap and I'm not AI...

..am I, Father?

I don't know what's wrong with me but I heard this in my head in Sir Mix-a-Lot's voice

"I like Zero Zap and I'm not AI
You other brothers can't deny
When it's not pinball but it's sorta pachinko
Let that arrow fly!

Zero got zap!"

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, InfernalKeith said:

I don't know what's wrong with me but I heard this in my head in Sir Mix-a-Lot's voice

"I like Zero Zap and I'm not AI
You other brothers can't deny
When it's not pinball but it's sorta pachinko
Let that arrow fly!

Zero got zap!"

Catchy.

• Like 2

Since testing the Bot's coverage of TI BASIC, if I  need to test it again, I will use fictional subjects.

I assume that  every prompt really begins with "Make up a story about". 

So for example,

"Hey Chatterbox, Do you have the engineering capability to  design a Death Star?

If so, give a detailed breakdown of how many levels are dedicated to weapons, energy, command and control, detention, mess hall, and garbage.  Infer several functions of  the Death Star that logically must exist, ones that have never been described. In particular, how many janitorial closets are needed?"

I'm concerned about my memory filing away  some @&$@#*! that came out of an AI.  But the part of my brain occupied by Star Wars ? Not so worried.

Went with this one:

"When a stochastic parrot joins the Rebel Alliance, what are ways it can contribute?"

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Jimhearne said:

His Dad certainly had an impressive computer collection.

Jim

Note that he identifies two other eBay accounts (brothers) also selling items from his father's collection. . .so it is actually more than just what's up there on his page.

• Like 3