IGNORED

TI Related -- Ebay / Heads Up Notice

Omega-TI

The question I have is what was this used for. Seems with 6 monitors and only cassette based consoles and cables to allow multiple screens running, that it was some type of special art display or maybe a educational school setup. So many questions I like to know the background story to this.

40 minutes ago, Gary from OPA said:

The question I have is what was this used for. Seems with 6 monitors and only cassette based consoles and cables to allow multiple screens running, that it was some type of special art display or maybe a educational school setup. So many questions I like to know the background story to this.

It sold, and I have asked the seller to swing by and tell us about it.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, OLD CS1 said:

It sold, and I have asked the seller to swing by and tell us about it.

That great news. I seen in the listing now it mentions this: "Amateur Radio Fast Scan Televison". Love to see a article about it when you find out more information.

5 hours ago, Gary from OPA said:

I will ask when I pick it up. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

On 3/2/2024 at 7:46 AM, FarmerPotato said:

Nobody writes eBay descriptions anymore.  When there is one, it's chat-bilge. This one is so bad, it's funny. 

$35 Vintage 3M IBM Licensed Floppy Unlimited Device Usage Also: Unique! Don't Miss out!  Ready to use! Condition: (less than good)

Great stuff :grin:

For later visitors:

Vintage High Density 3M 1.44 MB Floppy Diskette Only - Picture 3 of 3

Item description from the seller

This vintage 3M 1.44 MB floppy diskette is a rare find for collectors and computer enthusiasts. The diskette is compatible with Windows operating systems and is licensed for business-to-consumer use. It comes in CD format and has unlimited device usage. The brand is IBM and the language is English.

This item is perfect for those who are looking for a blast from the past or need a unique addition to their collection. The diskette is in acceptable condition and is ready to be used. Don't miss out on this opportunity to own a piece of computer history.

image.thumb.png.d5352b0110f53b200f4bfd9074a96710.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

3 hours ago, Tursi said:

If you put that diskette into a drive I'd have severe concerns about whether the door would come with it when you remove it ;)

If not the drive head.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Schmitzi said:

Great stuff :grin:

For later visitors:

Vintage High Density 3M 1.44 MB Floppy Diskette Only - Picture 3 of 3

Item description from the seller

This vintage 3M 1.44 MB floppy diskette is a rare find for collectors and computer enthusiasts. The diskette is compatible with Windows operating systems and is licensed for business-to-consumer use. It comes in CD format and has unlimited device usage. The brand is IBM and the language is English.

This item is perfect for those who are looking for a blast from the past or need a unique addition to their collection. The diskette is in acceptable condition and is ready to be used. Don't miss out on this opportunity to own a piece of computer history.

image.thumb.png.d5352b0110f53b200f4bfd9074a96710.png

crazy price, i was able to score a open box of 40 floppies from Staples (missing 2 of them), most likely someone bought it, used 2 floppies, and didn't need the rest, at very decent price only $28 CAD, sadly of course even tho it was Canadian seller nearby, with our Canadian taxes and eBay ripoff shipping, the total came to $52.82 so only $1.39 CAD per floppy .

image.thumb.png.5bd87b4ec64e6788d404591ca34eca60.png

Edited by Gary from OPA
added full breakdown of pricing.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, FarmerPotato said:

For $30, I would expect  at least a rare AOL disk in fair condition. 

When it comes to floppy discs, these seem to get the most money, around on average $350

https://www.valueyourmusic.com/items/325964256039-prince-floppy-disk-with-glyph-symbol-sent-to-print-media-in-1993-very-rare

When Prince briefly changed his name to a symbol in 1993, his publicists sent this floppy disk to journalists so that they could print the glyph symbol instead of his name.

325964256039.png

• Haha 2

From the article linked from here,

One thing I’ve really liked so far about buying old computers from Japan is that the ads for the computers often show the computer fully working, and often say things like “all the keys on the keyboard work”. On ebay, you are lucky if the ad says “I noticed the red power LED come on”.

100% truth.

• Like 4

On 3/3/2024 at 11:21 PM, Gary from OPA said:

When Prince briefly changed his name to a symbol in 1993, his publicists sent this floppy disk to journalists so that they could print the glyph symbol instead of his name.

325964256039.png

Oooooooo.   A double-density 3.5" from 1993.  I would love to know in what format both the disk and file are.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, atrax27407 said:

I have a few of the AOL disks and they still work with no data loss!

I have some around here somewhere.  I tried installing them in PCTask on my Amiga to see if they would work.  It installed but ran into some problems afterward.

8 hours ago, Gary from OPA said:

There a full MBX system in the box for sale:

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/386830653862

I saw that one when it popped up.  Looks really nice, and not a terrible price, all said.  I would love to demo these at VCF, but it is far too loud for the voice recognition.

57 minutes ago, Tursi said:

It's like a backup of the whole internet from 1991! :)

microsoftinternetondisk.jpg.8f8bb07b9d2d405770e1ce315bc4e8c7.jpg

• Like 3

I'm always tempted to bid on an MBX system but it takes a lot of desk space, and worse, there is only one game that really takes full advantage of it, namely baseball, and sadly I'm not into that sport. 

Mind over impulses! Oh the agony!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

51 minutes ago, Vorticon said:

I'm always tempted to bid on an MBX system but it takes a lot of desk space, and worse, there is only one game that really takes full advantage of it, namely baseball, and sadly I'm not into that sport. 

SuperFly benefits greatly from the joystick.  I like the joystick, the extra keys could be utilized more, and the speech recognition is fun, but the speech is garbage compared to the TI SS.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Vorticon said:

On occasion I get tempted too but for a slightly different reason - I would love to play this baseball game but sadly it is two-player only.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, TeddyBear89 said:

On occasion I get tempted too but for a slightly different reason - I would love to play this baseball game but sadly it is two-player only.

On Christmas, many Christmases ago, I took my setup to my parents' and let my younger cousins play.   Even being GenZ with tablets and phones and XBox, they enjoyed it.  I played a couple of games with them, as well, and it is a very good game.

• Like 6

• 3 weeks later...