IGNORED

TI Related -- Ebay / Heads Up Notice

Omega-TI

5 hours ago, Ksarul said:

That one is from @humeur here on AtariAge. I have bought from him many times--he is a trustworthy seller.

I'm unmasked.

I've been sorting through my equipment for years, and now I'm looking at my SCSI cards. I'm keeping two or even three of them (the G version is broken, the ISP is broken, this card had been heavily cobbled together, 8-volt regulator instead of 5, 10µ capacitor instead of 100 nF, which can be repaired if you have the Jedec file) and I'm actually selling the E version.

I'm always afraid of transport and that it will happen and not work.

Translated with DeepL.com (free version)

Je suis démasqué.

je fais du tris dans  mon matériel que j'ai depuis des années, la je regarde mes carte SCSI j'en garde, deux voir trois ( qui elle est hs version G, le ISP est hs cette carte avait été lourdement bricoler régulateur de 8 volts au lieu de 5, condensateur de 10µ au lieu de 100 nF réparable si l'on possède le fichier Jedec )  et effectivement vends la version E.

j'ai toujours peur du transport et que cela arrive et que cela ne fonctionne pas.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Someone won a Mechatronic xbii plus gold cartridge today on eBay for only 53 euros. It was for the longest time at only 5 euros and shipping to Canada was affordable so at the last 5 seconds I threw in a bid at 26 euros, but someone was able throw in higher ones still.

Oh'well. Them the breaks, hopefully it went to a good ti99er and it will be used and enjoyed.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, OLD CS1 said:

Remind me, what is special about this?

Nothing now that we have UberGROM and finalgrom99. But back in the day it was the best new xb and it included an extra 8k of assembly called apesoft to do bitmap graphics in your xb program. I have the manual but lost my original cartridge so it would be nice someday to get one again for my own private collection, but most of the time they go for around 200 to 250 euros on eBay.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, brain said:

Call me clueless, but how did it connect to the TI?  Was there a standalone FDC controller?  Was a PEB required?

You can just make out the ribbon cable in the first picture, on the back.  It's an external drive for the PEB drive controller.

18 minutes ago, brain said:

Call me clueless

S'up, Clueless.  (Hey, you gonna make VCF this year??)

3 minutes ago, chris36 said:

You can just make out the ribbon cable in the first picture, on the back.  It's an external drive for the PEB drive controller.

All PEB FDCs have a card edge hanging out the back to connect external drives.  A-la Apple floppy drives but with a wider ribbon cable.

22 minutes ago, brain said:

Call me clueless, but how did it connect to the TI?  Was there a standalone FDC controller?  Was a PEB required?

The TI99, before the PEB box had side car attachments to include a FDC and RS232 and others. they attached to the side of course and then the floppy controller had a ribbon cable the would come out of it and attached to the FDC. you could stack them using a special connector edge card. These could still be used on the internal FDC too of course.

Edited by RickyDean
spelling
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, OLD CS1 said:

Look at this big summagun.

https://ebay.com/itm/176304310624

Screenshot2024-03-25at16-30-35TexasInstrumentsDiskDrive1850cTI99_4AeBay(1).thumb.png.049becc76f5c09d0338a36041da86226.png

These are actually the first external drives TI used, before the switched to the MPI Model 51s. And, as already noted, they could be connected to the sidecar disk controller box (part of the original peripheral train: 32K, RS-232, Video Controller, P-Code, and Disk Controller). I have a whole set of the peripherals, but I do not have one of this style drive. I had a friend with a pair of them though, ISTR they made a humongous chunking sound when they opened.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Ksarul said:

These are actually the first external drives TI used, before the switched to the MPI Model 51s. And, as already noted, they could be connected to the sidecar disk controller box (part of the original peripheral train: 32K, RS-232, Video Controller, P-Code, and Disk Controller). I have a whole set of the peripherals, but I do not have one of this style drive. I had a friend with a pair of them though, ISTR they made a humongous chunking sound when they opened.

I have a copy, when you open the door to insert a floppy disk it hits the top of the drive, from the sound we are sure that it is open.

J'en possède un exemplaire , quand on ouvre la porte pour insérer une disquette celle-ci viens taper sur le haut du lecteur, au bruit nous sommes certain que c'est ouvert.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, humeur said:

I have a copy, when you open the door to insert a floppy disk it hits the top of the drive, from the sound we are sure that it is open.

My SO uses a similar tactic to know when she has pulled up far enough into the garage.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, brain said:

Planning to be there, but not until Saturday.

Cool!  I should be less grumpy by then.  I am flying in from Alaska Thursday night/Friday morning, just in time to grab my stash of stuff and get set up.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, OLD CS1 said:

S'up, Clueless.  (Hey, you gonna make VCF this year??)

All PEB FDCs have a card edge hanging out the back to connect external drives.  A-la Apple floppy drives but with a wider ribbon cable.

This is the VCF in Atlanta isn't it?

32 minutes ago, RickyDean said:

This is the VCF in Atlanta isn't it?

Yup!  Part of Southern Fried Gaming Expo.  https://gameatl.com https://vcfed.org/events/otherevents/vintage-computer-festival-southeast/

Looks like VCF does not yet have this year's info. @acadiel should be there, too.  I think maybe we need a thread here...

16 minutes ago, OLD CS1 said:

Yup!  Part of Southern Fried Gaming Expo.  https://gameatl.com https://vcfed.org/events/otherevents/vintage-computer-festival-southeast/

Looks like VCF does not yet have this year's info. @acadiel should be there, too.  I think maybe we need a thread here...

Cool, but it'll have to wait for me til another time. She who must be obeyed has mentioned that we have a flurry of doctor appt.'s the end of this week then Easter, so I can't plan on it, this time. Oh well!! ;(

48 minutes ago, RickyDean said:

Cool, but it'll have to wait for me til another time. She who must be obeyed has mentioned that we have a flurry of doctor appt.'s the end of this week then Easter, so I can't plan on it, this time. Oh well!! ;(

You have until the end of July to get your affairs in order ;)

21 minutes ago, OLD CS1 said:

You have until the end of July to get your affairs in order ;)

When:

• Friday – July 28th, 2023
    (3:00pm – 8:00pm)
  • Saturday –July 29th, 2023
    (10:00am – 8:00pm)
  • Sunday – July 30th, 2023
    (10:00am – 3:00pm)

Where: