IGNORED

CollectorVision is proud to introduce 4 new game

coleco_master

As far as I can tell, Jeroen is active here on AtariAge and even posted in the ColecoVision section. Someone should ping him to if possibly make a comment. Although I haven't played either game, given he documented some kind of extensive two days worth of development process on the other forum since two years back, I get the feeling the original game was disassembled, to some part reprogrammed and then put together again, using the original graphics and sounds?

Edited by carlsson

Hi guys,

I am the author of Space Hunter a few years back... I still have the source code tucked away somewhere. It was a game I wrote for a 4K minigame competition, which is why it was limited in such a way with graphics and levels. I always hoped to make a better upgraded version though.

Coleco Master: I was the guy (no pun intended towards me :) ) you met this summer at your place in Chateauguay and we were discussing briefly the ColecoVision and homebrew programming.

It's interesting to see that a game that I wrote many years ago seems to be generating some interest. It was the only game I wrote and had always hoped to write some more, but never had the chance time-wise to do so.

Guy

Hi guys,

I am the author of Space Hunter a few years back... I still have the source code tucked away somewhere. It was a game I wrote for a 4K minigame competition, which is why it was limited in such a way with graphics and levels. I always hoped to make a better upgraded version though.

Coleco Master: I was the guy (no pun intended towards me :) ) you met this summer at your place in Chateauguay and we were discussing briefly the ColecoVision and homebrew programming.

It's interesting to see that a game that I wrote many years ago seems to be generating some interest. It was the only game I wrote and had always hoped to write some more, but never had the chance time-wise to do so.

Guy

Hey Guy! I sent you an e-mail earlier this week about the ColecoVision power supply that you left behind at AdamCon. Please reply!

Well when I saw the screenshots, I thought it was truly bizarre to see Guy's game republished with a pseudonym. But the list of improvements to the game that were mentioned by 5-11Under address most of my complaints about the game when I published it in the Canadian Mini Games collection.

I can tell you that it was an original game developed by Guy. I saw his source code as he developed it (and when Daniel integrated it into the collection). The art is all by Sandra and I was kind of surprised to see the same art in a different game, with no mention of her.

I guess anything is possible though, right? Anyway, I summoned Time-Bandit here. So it's always good to get to see him here. He was also at AdamCon this year and like he says he wants to develop more CV stuff but life always gets in the way.

Edited by hardhat
  • Like 1

Hi guys,

Guy

PM sent

Hi Guys! Yes this is right! Shipping will officially start September 5th!

It still time to place your order! Pre-order them before they're all gone ! :-D

What's the best way to verify my address? Last time I thought I had and they still went to my old house, so it took like 3 weeks for them to arrive.

thanks,

Charles

As far as I can tell, Jeroen is active here on AtariAge and even posted in the ColecoVision section. Someone should ping him to if possibly make a comment. Although I haven't played either game, given he documented some kind of extensive two days worth of development process on the other forum since two years back, I get the feeling the original game was disassembled, to some part reprogrammed and then put together again, using the original graphics and sounds?

After thinking about this whole situation...

Is there a way to contact the guy who stole my game? I would like to have a talk with him concerning ethics, the colecovision and the homebrew scene. It is one thing to take a game (from the MSX

for example) and convert it to the ColecoVision. It takes technical skill to do so. But, to take a game that was already on the ColecoVision (and ALREADY released on a cart a few years ago), change a few bytes here and there and then try and call it your own. That takes a lot of nerve. You are basically assuming that the ColecoVision scene is stupid enough to fall for that, even if the game I wrote wasn't a super hit, it was still something I made and my intellectual property.

So Jeroen, wherever you are, please get in contact with me. An arrangement was made with the people you were deceitful with and tricked into thinking it was YOUR game, so I have no beef with them, but I would like to clear things out with you.

Edited by Time-Bandit
  • Like 3

ok guys! Now its for real!!!

All ready to ship!!!!

More than Half of them are already sold, Hurry up before they all gone.

And some are on Ebay!

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?ff3=4&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&mpre=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fsch%2Fdark_watch%2Fm.html%3F_nkw%3D%26_armrs%3D1%26_from%3D%26_ipg%3D25%26_trksid%3Dp3692

All shipping will be done by Saturday :cool:

PM me for Orders.

post-29693-0-62477200-1378353110_thumb.jpg

• Like 7

All ready to ship!!!!

And some are on Ebay!

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?ff3=4&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&mpre=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fsch%2Fdark_watch%2Fm.html%3F_nkw%3D%26_armrs%3D1%26_from%3D%26_ipg%3D25%26_trksid%3Dp3692

PM me for Orders.

AWESOME!! :-o :thumbsup:

Is there a way to contact the guy who stole my game? I would like to have a talk with him concerning ethics, the colecovision and the homebrew scene. It is one thing to take a game (from the MSX

for example) and convert it to the ColecoVision. It takes technical skill to do so. But, to take a game that was already on the ColecoVision (and ALREADY released on a cart a few years ago), change a few bytes here and there and then try and call it your own. That takes a lot of nerve. You are basically assuming that the ColecoVision scene is stupid enough to fall for that, even if the game I wrote wasn't a super hit, it was still something I made and my intellectual property.

So Jeroen, wherever you are, please get in contact with me. An arrangement was made with the people you were deceitful with and tricked into thinking it was YOUR game, so I have no beef with them, but I would like to clear things out with you.

I don't blame you for being upset; I am surprised at the tame reaction by some here. If your work was ripped off, and it certainly looks that way, then that is totally messed up.

Maybe it would be an idear to at least change the credits on this page:

http://www.collectorvision.com/game-earthdefend.htm

All ready to ship!!!!

And some are on Ebay!

PM me for Orders.

Great!!! Three of these games are going to my home! :D