IGNORED

ActionMax homebrew

atari2600land

Bubba rises up from the grave! I thought of a solution. Since it only did half of the video, I thought I'd delete half of the video and then made the other half. I then Stitched the two videos together for one long 14 minute video. I think Bubba's Buck Blastin' should be a DVD because a.) Not many people own a VCR any more, and 2.) It would be a whole lot easier to print on demand. Even though the project has risen from the ashes, it's still not done yet. I still have to dig out my old ActionMax and make sure this thing works. It should be ready by the Holiday season, though. I can't do it this summer, so it will have to wait. More on this as it develops.

• Like 2

If you make another it would be neat to see a game based on Fright Night as that is the long rumored but never found proto for the Action Max. I'm sure it would be a big hit as it would fill a hole long in the small library of games this system has.

• Like 1

If I do make another one, it will probably be another original concept. The Fright Night idea sounds daunting. First I would have to get a VHS copy of the movie, then cut all of it out and save 20 minutes' worth. I guess I could get a DVD copy and hook my X-Box 360 to my VCR and do it that way, but I'd need a burned DVD I made myself in order to edit it. Not only that, I don't want to get into legal trouble with the studio that made it.

If I do make another one, it will probably be another original concept. The Fright Night idea sounds daunting. First I would have to get a VHS copy of the movie, then cut all of it out and save 20 minutes' worth. I guess I could get a DVD copy and hook my X-Box 360 to my VCR and do it that way, but I'd need a burned DVD I made myself in order to edit it. Not only that, I don't want to get into legal trouble with the studio that made it.

All very true.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've decided on a release date for this game. If all goes well, I hope to mail out the first copies on Tuesday, September 15. I will begin taking preorders a week before on September 7. I still need to get a cheapie DVD player and test it on that as well, since my X-Box 360 did not like the DVD I made. The dots functioned correctly, and the game does work, I just want to do some more testing. This is my copy of the game that I will be keeping for myself.

post-9475-0-05218300-1439479902_thumb.jpg

The cover isn't all flashy, but it's only me who worked on this project. I did just about everything for it, including whatever artwork the cover has. And I hope you all like it, including the Easter egg...

Edited by atari2600land
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Filming has officially begun for my next ActionMax game: Nightmare Nemesis. The game starts as you fall asleep. The game is about one really weird nightmare you're having, with things to shoot (of course.) It's not a scary nightmare, so it isn't like Pops Ghostly, just really bizarre. At the end, you meet the creator of your weird nightmare: The Nightmare Nemesis. The object of the boss battle is to, well, shoot him. I doubt I will get this finished in 2015, so it will have to wait until 2016.

• Like 1

Filming has officially begun for my next ActionMax game: Nightmare Nemesis. The game starts as you fall asleep. The game is about one really weird nightmare you're having, with things to shoot (of course.) It's not a scary nightmare, so it isn't like Pops Ghostly, just really bizarre. At the end, you meet the creator of your weird nightmare: The Nightmare Nemesis. The object of the boss battle is to, well, shoot him. I doubt I will get this finished in 2015, so it will have to wait until 2016.

Nice! I`m in for one as well.

• 1 month later...