IGNORED

ActionMax homebrew

atari2600land

Just worked on this for the first time in about a month. I really need to get my idea making part of my brain in gear to think of weird backgrounds to put in here. I had to resort to putting a bunch of bananas on a table and film that for half a minute. But anyway, I'm three minutes into the game. It takes me about 30 minutes to work on 30 seconds' worth. I insert the enemies, then insert the target, then insert the sensor thing in the corner of the screen. A labor of love, really.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

My computer suddenly died, so this project has been lost. Once I have my new computer I'll buy soon, I'll restart the project from scratch. Luckily, I know how to do what I have done, it's just a bummer I have to redo it. I hope to have the project moving along at a faster pace since I now figured out a shortcut to making the game faster. Good thing I wasn't very far along with the project, or else I would have gotten extremely upset. So Nightmare Nemesis has been pushed back, and I hope to have it ready by the holidays. I will also offer VHS tapes as well in case you want a VHS copy of the game, in addition to a regular old DVD.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Since I got a new computer, I decided it was best to start a new project instead of trying to recreate the old one. I thought up of a Christmas one called "Fleas Navidad" where you shoot fleas off Santa's reindeer with your special flea gun. I hope to have this done by November. I'll keep you updated on my progress.

post-9475-0-00607500-1470992716_thumb.png

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Hello atari2600land

Did I understand right: at the Moment just bubba's buck blastin' is finished?

I have a question concerning Nightmare Nemesis: Do you still have your old broken computer? Is it a laptop or a desktop PC? Do you know what's broken? I have tools to read out most internal storage media. I recover data for myself, family and friends.

Soon I will order a copy of Bubba. Would you be willing to put the hard drive to it, together with a description where the data for the game should be laying around? I might be able to retrieve it. I can't make promises though.

Edited by Boojakascha

What kind of OS do you have?

For Windows Systems:

For example my Notebook came with Power2Go. But really every burn software of Cyberlink can do it....

Than to go for some freeware: Ashampoo Burning Studio 2014 can do it for sure. I assume all other iterations can do it as well.

CDBurnerXP seems to do the job too (set to data disc)

Furthermore I assume the free Nero Version will do it to. I don't like Nero though

Basically most dedicated burn software can do this task.

I am sorry if I sound snobby or so. I am a bit confused. I really want to help you and not annoy you. Maybe you are looking at the wrong spot: You don't need to find programs to make ISOs of your DVD, or rip them. You just need to find software to simply copy DVD discs.

Edited by Boojakascha

I have Windows 10. Cyberlink doesn't seem to be on it. I am confused as well, though: How do I do this? Do I put the DVD I want to copy in, then the video stores on my computer somewhere and then I put the blank one in and then it tells itself to get the video and put it on?

• 4 weeks later...

Coming May 2017...

post-9475-0-41307800-1481760134_thumb.jpg

Am still in the early stages, haven't added in any enemies yet. Haven't even designed them, but I hope to have this finished in time for the ActionMax 30th anniversary. I filmed all the outside stuff though, so that's done. I said I'd do this if I got enough snow, well, I did. 2 inches and counting. Also, feel free to design a snowman for me. I'm not so good at drawing.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Added the intro in. Have a few enemies in as well. It's interesting. I noticed when I put the intro in, I paused it and saw this: A spaceship flying over a planet. Perhaps part of a scrapped ActionMax project? There is also a few seconds-long short clip with a tank robot in the intro as well.

Anyway, May seems optimistic. I must remember to work on this more often!

post-9475-0-16102000-1482817057_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I haven't read the entire thread... just want to tell the Action Max is already emulated with Daphne/Singe.
The original plan was to emulate not only laserdiscgames but almost all the FMV-based games...

There are: "38 Ambush Alley" [clip], "Blue Thunder", "Hydrosub 2021", "Pops Ghostly" and "Sonic Fury".

[ "WAS" means that nobody in the Daphne Team wants to emulate anything, at now... :_( ]

• 1 month later...

The video, Snowman's Land, is now completed. I am going to release it on May 1. This was supposed to be a little bit longer, but I still think it's a reasonable length of 10 minutes. My computer was being stupid and hating me, so I had to cut the thing short. I still have the DVD to design, but I will do that later seeing as how there's still about 2 months left until May 1. And in case my computer breaks down, I have saved the video on an SD card along with other important things. So anyway, that's the update on Snowman's Land, my 30th anniversary tribute to the ActionMax.