IGNORED

THE!CART... New 128MB FLASH Cartridge

mega-hz

@Stephan: Yes, it always creates these 9 ATR (just as it would always create a 128 MB single ATR). But it only prompts for and reads the changed parts during the flashing.

>Are there any "pre-created" collections for this cartridge to download ?

There is a demo compilation here.

http://www.abbuc.de/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=8176

And you can basically add all ATRs from the Home Soft Page linked somewhere up there. Besides that I don't link/host compilations for legal reasons.

@Level42

>Does it only run original cartridge games or also disc/tape based games ?

It also runs ATRs directly and you can always use Atarimax Studio to create 128k / 1MB Cartridge Images for XEX/ATR files and then put them on The!Cart.

And if there's something you cannot get to work, just send a PM.

• 2 weeks later...

Sven Pink, our ABBUC web master, is in the process of designing cases for the original The!Cart PCB. They can be printed with a 3D Printer and the models will be made available when they have become good enough, so everybody can print them. Here's the first printed prototype which I got from him at the annual ABBUC meeting. Thanks Sven!

post-17404-0-54286500-1414526308_thumb.jpg post-17404-0-26548700-1414526313_thumb.jpg

• Like 5

Ah OK, well it didn't look too sexy but it already looks a lot better than my MyIDE cartridge with compact flash adapter and compact flash card on top of it :):)

Yeah... I was always VERY enthusiastic about my MyIDE 1 cart. Even when Tucker released the MyIDE ][ carts, I did order a few MyIDE 1 carts.

But as soon my MyIDE ][ carts arrived, and all the bugs were solved, I started using them. MyIDE ][ looks pretty cool too.

But THE!CART is extremely cool too, and indeed looks better than MyIDE 1 + CF combi.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

So.....I had some hope to get The!cart as my x-mas present but it doesn't look like that will happen....I was told here to mail Wolfram and all I got as a reply (after several weeks) was "watch the Abbuc/Atariage forums". So i expected an update about this on these forums but saw nothing.

So I feel like the ball in the famous game called Pong.......

I understand that these kind of projects are done in spare time and with more love than money in mind but..........is this going to be available in a foreseeable future or not ? because else I can spend my money on other stuff....

Edited by Level42

Just saw this and tried to read through but don't understand what is this and what does it do? Sorry if this sounds like a dumb question. Hope someone can explain it to me. What's the price and how do you get one? Thanks for any help!

A very short version:

You can see this as the ultimate cartridge for the Atari 8bit.

It emulates almost every cartridge scheme that existed for the Atari, with 128MB of flash has enough space to store a huge cartridge collection, and managing the carts is quite easy with JAC's The!Cart Studio software on your PC/Mac/Linux Box. The only thing that takes a little bit of time is initially loading the cart - after that updating is quite fast.

The first production run is sold out, a month or two ago I talked to Wolfram and he said he'll certainly do another run. Not sure about the current status though, haven't heard from him for a month or so.

so long,

Hias

• Like 3

@all:

THE!CART is sold out at the moment!

But i plan to make another run of CARTs in the 1st quart of 2015!

So if you are interested in one (or more) THE!CART-II feel free to give me a email!

Regards,

Wolfram.

Edited by mega-hz

• 1 month later...

JAC!,

When doing a search, is there a way to type in the "-" character.

Like "PAC-MAN", so games like "Junior Pac-man" , "Pac-man Arcade" Ect.. show up in the search.

Or even allowing a wild card " * " for searching such as "Pac*Man".

Thanks for all your support!!

Doug

@FULS: Actually typing in "P M", "Pac Man" or "Man Pac" should find it. Only letters and numbers are relevant, order of words should be ignored. That the point of the Google like search. But it looks at some point a bug has creeped in and the space is taken as part of the word instead of the word separator. I'll have a look, but it'll take a while.

• Like 1

I just got a 3D printer, so I'd also be interested in any details for the case. Any recommendations on decent design software for such things? I got an existing project box design and spent a little time messing in OpenSCAD, but having to program your objects is a shit way of getting work done.

• 2 weeks later...

I just got a 3D printer, so I'd also be interested in any details for the case. Any recommendations on decent design software for such things? I got an existing project box design and spent a little time messing in OpenSCAD, but having to program your objects is a shit way of getting work done.

I've heard (or actually read) that this is good for starters and free....AutoDesk 123D Design, so which printer did you get?

Edited by atari8warez

I've heard (or actually read) that this is good for starters and free....AutoDesk 123D Design, so which printer did you get?

Thanks - I'll check it out. I did get something for free from SparkDesign, but have only had a few minutes to mess around. The printer is an XYZPrint DaVinci 1.0. It is their basic model, single extruder.