IGNORED

THE!CART... New 128MB FLASH Cartridge

mega-hz

Since 64k Williams is supported, you can pad the .BIN/.ROM file with 32k zeros using a file editor. Or PM the file then I can do that.

AtariMax cartridges with AtariMax Studio menus are detected and the entries are listed in the effective menu.

You can choose to display them as a single entry (the menu) or directly list each entry on the ROM.

In case of doubt also just PM the file.

1. Thank you for the offer. Is it so hard to support 64KB Williams? In my selection I have 20 games in this format.

2. Problem solved selecting Display/Single Entry.

This is crazy - The users remember these things better than the programmer himself. Thanks Doug!

If there are more people with this problem, please tell me. Then I'l think about a standard solution.

Ok, it seems about time to find a good replacement for the old-and-trusty AtariMax Cart...

1. Can this mega-cart still be ordered?

2. Will it work properly on A400/A800 (not just XL series and above?

Thanks!

1. Thank you for the offer. Is it so hard to support 64KB Williams? In my selection I have 20 games in this format.

Is it not possible to add more bank switching schemes to the CPLD logic (i.e. in hardware), because it is completely full. But since Williams 32k is a subset of Williams 64k it not really required and be solved on the software side.

Similar to the automatic conversion of AtariMax Flash ATRs to CARs, I could convert them on the fly when they are added. But as said, for a start it's simpler to do that by hand.

Ok, it seems about time to find a good replacement for the old-and-trusty AtariMax Cart...

1. Can this mega-cart still be ordered?

2. Will it work properly on A400/A800 (not just XL series and above?

Thanks!

ad 1+2 Yes. PM sent. You can find the details here

http://www.wudsn.com/index.php/productions-atari800/tools/thecart

I haven't been logging in much lately and following this thread, but I ordered a couple of these with cases in November. Of course, looking forward to this! But I never get impatient when waiting for unique, special things for my antique Atari computers or consoles. I feel lucky to be able to get this stuff at all. This is no mass-produced made-in-China Walmart slop. Stuff like this made by skilled enthusiasts for other (less-skilled like myself) enthusiasts seems like a dream come true when it finally gets here. I missed out on the first run of the!cart and will be glad to be in on this one, when it's time. It's like waiting for Christmas (or whatever) as a kid. Keep up the good work, Megahertz and Jac!

• Like 6

The!Cart Studio Update 2017-05-05 released

Now that I learned that there are >100 Williams 32 KB carts, I decided to implement a built-in solution. It is now extensible in case more cases are identified where the studio can do a pre-conversion to make stuff work. Also after some thining about the request to keep the file name I figured out what I consider a good solution (e.g. without adding additional global options).

http://www.wudsn.com/productions/atari800/thecartstudio/help/TheCartStudio.html

Features:

• Import of Williams 32 KB ".ROM" and ".CAR" files now automatically converts the file to a Williams 64 KB".CAR" file in case only the Williams 64 KB bank switching scheme is supported by the flash target type of the workbook.
  • The new Atari800 cartridge types and corresponding content types for "Atrax 128 KB" (68), "aDawliah 32 KB" (69) and "aDawliah 64 KB" (70) have been added to the cartridge detection and unit test generation. Note that they are not supported by The!Cart itself. But if you have used "Atarax 128" (17) - which is supported by "The!Cart" - in your your existing workbooks, you have to re-classify the corresponding entries now as "Decoded Atarax 128" (17). This is an incompatible change but I want to be 100% in sync with Atari800 and its definitions.
  • The cartridge database has been updated to Kr0tkis version from 2018-04-24. Now 839 instead of 737 known titles, 807 instead of 717 known content types. These are the numbers based on the official list. In the Studio I have also manually added around 60 Williams 32KB carts already. But they need to be confirmed for the future.
  • If a matching entry in the cartridge database is found when adding a file, the user is prompted to decide if the proposed title from the database should be used.
    2017-05-05-the-cart-studio-use-title.png
  • The about dialog now also displays the number of supported content types.
    2017-05-05-the-cart-studio-about.png

Fixes:

• Import of Maxflash Programming ATRs now automatically converts the ".ATR" file to a ".CAR" file only if the Atarimax bank switching scheme is supported by the flash target type of the workbook
  • Like 13

It's like waiting for Christmas (or whatever) as a kid. Keep up the good work, Megahertz and Jac!

I DID get this as a Christmas present to myself! I knew it would be at least February though before I got it. Now, I'm just hoping mine arrives in time to make it my birthday present to self in August. Fingers crossed. I really hope it doesn't turn out to be a Christmas 2018 gift, but yeah, I can wait. Besides, what choice do I have?

Hi,

My 4 just arrived in Ohio today. Tested and work great. Very solid construction compared to the first batch a few years ago. Very Happy!!!

Be patient. You will receive them. Thank you JAC! for keeping the software and the project going.

post-10849-0-24106400-1525817995.jpg

• Like 6

Watching that mailbox :) I love the interface on this cart more than any other multi-cart I have.

Do you reckon that x1 to Ohio is yours? Seems to be about a week in between shipments lately, my part of the U.S. hasn't been announced yet...but I'm anticipating a beautiful California Access 2001(Indus clone) disk drive to arrive any day now, so I'm watching for that with anticipation. :grin:

Edited by Gunstar
  • Like 1

So is it possible to make the original version fit in an Atari 800 or do I need to get the new one instead?

What if you removed it from the cartridge case? It may not look nice, but then you don't see it on an 800 anyway...

Edited by Gunstar

Do you reckon that x1 to Ohio is yours? Seems to be about a week in between shipments lately, my part of the U.S. hasn't been announced yet...but I'm anticipating a beautiful California Access 2001(Indus clone) disk drive to arrive any day now, so I'm watching for that with anticipation. :grin:

No - I'm not in Barberton. Hopefully that one is for Calibus. Honestly, I don't remember how far in I placed my order. I'm in no hurry - it will get here sometime.

Good point, Ill give that a try.

I don't think it will. And putting the PCB inside without protection would be dangerous since any kind of contact with the enclosing / touching it with fingers/static can cause damage.

If it is important to you, I can offer you send the V1 and we'll send a V2 if you compensate for the shippment & price difference.

General Info: Next batch of 10 is planned for June/July. 5 are already pre-ordered. And this time it's hopefully "plug & play" with all the correct chips upfont :-)

• Like 5

So is it possible to make the original version fit in an Atari 800 or do I need to get the new one instead?

Hmm, my printed updated V1 cart/case fits in my 800. Maybe its because that top metal piece inside the door fell off and I never bothered to put it back on :)

• Like 2

If it is important to you, I can offer you send the V1 and we'll send a V2 if you compensate for the shippment & price difference.

I appreciate that offer and I'll take you up on it if/when I can get my hands on an Incognito v2 (I have a minty 800 put aside for one). Until then I'm using my 1200XL and it fits perfectly in that. :)

• Like 1