IGNORED

THE!CART... New 128MB FLASH Cartridge

mega-hz

I don't think it will. And putting the PCB inside without protection would be dangerous since any kind of contact with the enclosing / touching it with fingers/static can cause damage.

If it is important to you, I can offer you send the V1 and we'll send a V2 if you compensate for the shippment & price difference.

And don't forget the modification that is necessary for the!cart (V1 or V2) to work in the Atari 800.

the!cart V1 _will_ work in the Atari 400 without modification with the lid open and something fumbled into the switch hole to constantly press it down.

Bern

Hi All,

Important message.

Sometimes it is right to reconsider something you wrote. For me this is such a moment.

When I came back from vacation I was VERY surprised to see a package from mega-hz, with my ordered Carts. I really did not know what to think, although I remember my first thought was: hey that is very sportive and kind that after my complaints and cancellation of my order, he still sends it.

I already explained myself in this post: http://atariage.com/forums/topic/215811-thecart-new-128mb-flash-cartridge/?p=4015949

I must say though that the fact Wolfram (megahz) decided to send me the package no matter what, really impressed me. I want to send him a big THANK YOU, and a true apology for all the fuzz from my side.

Also a big thank-you to Peter (JAC!) for being a friend and his endless contribution to this project.

Greetz

Marius

• Like 15

ProWizard,

I'm so grateful for your change of mind. Your such a great ambassador to the 8-bit and "The!Cart".

It's comforting to know of all the other multicarts, "The!Cart" seems to have given you the most excitement and fun.

Thanks,

Doug

• Like 2

While I wait for my v2 THE!CART, I went and stole the lettering off of the v2 shell and modified the newer v1 shell with it.

Looks very good! You really seem to like the new minimalistic logo and design. :-)

If you enhance the temperature of your print bed to 70 degrees Celsius, maybe you can get the same glossy surface that we produce here.

Bern

Edited by biobern
  • Like 1

Hamburg received one cart today, too !

(fortunately Hamburg was me ... ;) )

A BIG thanks to Wolfram for all the effort you have put into that and all the trouble you coped with !

And another VERY BIG thanks to Jac for supporting the whole thing !!!!!!

You both rock ! :) :thumbsup:

Thank you

Edited by Chrisch
  • Like 4

So I'm ready to revisit a flash cart solution to not need a PC or laptop. I'm out of the loop on the latest. With respect to all creators to give us multiple options, is there a feature comparison or pros/cons list of the current options? How does the latest "the!cart" compare to the capabilities of the brewing academy's "Ultimate Cart" or AtariMax, and the ones I'm likely unfamiliar with?

So I'm ready to revisit a flash cart solution to not need a PC or laptop. I'm out of the loop on the latest. With respect to all creators to give us multiple options, is there a feature comparison or pros/cons list of the current options? How does the latest "the!cart" compare to the capabilities of the brewing academy's "Ultimate Cart" or AtariMax, and the ones I'm likely unfamiliar with?

Comparison tables: http://atariage.com/forums/topic/176545-topic-for-newbies/

Looks very good! You really seem to like the new minimalistic logo and design. :-)

If you enhance the temperature of your print bed to 70 degrees Celsius, maybe you can get the same glossy surface that we produce here.

Bern

Thanks, yes I really like the new design.

With the standard build mat there was no possibility for gloss, but I've made a switch last week to a PEI surface and... :)

11sVqQ.jpg

• Like 3

Comparison table:

http://www.wudsn.com/index.php/productions-atari800/tools/thecart

• Like 2

Some inaccuracies in the SIDE column: I'm not aware of an 8GB CF card size limit, nor the 64 entry limit on folders - assuming the limitations pertain to the loader and not DOS (although supplied DOS is SDX and imposes no such limits either). SIDE doesn't natively support ATR files, meanwhile: it requires U1MB for that.

• 2 weeks later...

The!Cart Studio Update 2018-06-06 released

Phew, more users means more work :-) Here's what I'd call a major update.

Features:

• If the title derived from the file name and the title in the cartridge database are equal, no confirmation dialog is displayed anymore.
  • Usage of the SHIFT modifier is now the same in the expert menu and the extended menu. When starting and entry with SHIFT, i.e. FIRE+SHIFT, RETURN+SHIFT or RETURN+SHIFT+CONTROL, the configuration registers of The!Cart remain unlocked. Using the CONTROL modifier in addition, i.e. RETURN+CONTROL or RETURN+SHIFT+CONTROL indicates that the inner menu of the cartridge containing the entry is started instead of starting the entry directly. Note that FIRE+CONTROL alone cannot be detected on the Atari due to way POKEY works.
    • Built-in MyPicoDOS and flasher software from hias updated from version 4.05T (2014-04-07) to 4.06T (2017-09-24):
    • Added .CAR file loader so you can load cartridge images up to 512k from the disk into the The!Cart RAM without flashing them. very useful for fast test cycles during development.
    • Attract mode is now disabled when using joystick navigation.
    • Added directory and drive switching using joystick.
    • Bugfix: Don't disable high speed SIO if reading a directory fails.
  • The generated unit test cartridges now contain more details including the The!Cart mode used for emulation. In addition the VBI is now still active, so the cartridge can be freezed using TurboFreezer to analyze problems on the real hardware.
    2018-06-06-the-cart-studio-unit-test.png

Fixes:

• Fixed a bug added in the 2018-05-05 version that can prevent entries from being added when they are in the cartridge database.
  • Content type "XEGS 32 KB" is now correct mapped to the The!Cart mode for "XEGS 32 KB" instead of "Switchable XEGS 32 KB" in the extended menu. With this cartridges that use bank numbers with bit 7 set now work correctly, for example "Castle Crisis".
  • Import conversion for Williams 32 KB ROM is more robust now and always generates a new filename for the converted file.
  • File and conversion errors occuring during adding new entries are now reported correctly in the status bar.

Special thanks to Philsan, hias and phaeron for their support in finding the issues this time.

The new Flash/PicoDOS should have been already in there in 2017, but somehow the still the old file was in the final build.

The comparision on the web site, the links and more details about the handling of right slot cartridges have been added/updated as well.

• Like 12

those of us still waiting on our The!Cart will get the latest update already installed, correct?

You'll get the The!Cart with a few sample game on it just to show it runs correctly. The menu and flasher software is automatically updated when you flash it the first time with you own workbook content.

• Like 1