IGNORED

Just got a Mega STE...now what?

Last upgrade completed!! I burned TOS 2.06 to a set of 29C010's, installed and presto!! It is amazingly nice using 29C010's instead of 27C010's. They erase in my programmer in about 5 seconds!!! I burned 2 sets just in case my other MegaSTe is 2.05. I'll have to break out my normal STe's and see what's in them.

Also got my UltraSatan connected and did a backup of the drive. I created 10 80mb partitions on a 2gb SD card. Each partition will be a backup from my various HDD's.

Also ordered the keyboard mylar. That, I will just put away for if/when the current one flakes out again.

Hi Stargunner,

Maybe you can help me out a bit.

I have a Mega STE which I purchased from England.

A couple 2 or 3 hours after I powered it on the day it arrived, the Mega STE stopped seeing the hdd.

I've since purchased another hdd...same deal, but now when I boot the Mega STE, it gives me 3 bombs right after memory check.

If I remove the hdd controller, the Mega STE boots fine.

Any ideas? I'm thinking it might be the controller card.

Thanks

Hi Stargunner,

Maybe you can help me out a bit.

I have a Mega STE which I purchased from England.

A couple 2 or 3 hours after I powered it on the day it arrived, the Mega STE stopped seeing the hdd.

I've since purchased another hdd...same deal, but now when I boot the Mega STE, it gives me 3 bombs right after memory check.

If I remove the hdd controller, the Mega STE boots fine.

Any ideas? I'm thinking it might be the controller card.

Thanks

I can't help with the controller card, but if you get an UltraSatan device I think you can set a jumper(s) on the board with the controller out.

So you can use the UltraSatan for the HDD device on the external ACSI port.

I'm sure someone with more knowledge can chime in on that.

So if the controller is bad you can go this route. In all of my Mega STe computers I have the internal HDD unplugged and use UltraSatan.

I can't help with the controller card, but if you get an UltraSatan device I think you can set a jumper(s) on the board with the controller out.

So you can use the UltraSatan for the HDD device on the external ACSI port.

I'm sure someone with more knowledge can chime in on that.

So if the controller is bad you can go this route. In all of my Mega STe computers I have the internal HDD unplugged and use UltraSatan.

I looked on Lotheraks page, and I think I saw an internal version?

So which cards does the ultrasatan accept?

I would love to see a memory upgrade for the Mega STE!

Thanks for your advice!

I looked on Lotheraks page, and I think I saw an internal version?

So which cards does the ultrasatan accept?

I would love to see a memory upgrade for the Mega STE!

Thanks for your advice!

I don't know anything about the internal versions. I use external UltraSatan. I also have a SatanDisk and it works well but can't do a hot swap with the cards.

UltraSatan uses SD cards.. I've not had any trouble with cards under 2gb.. Iv'e never tried larger cards.

Even if you didn't have HDD problems you are going to want UltraSatan as it is the easiest way to get data from PC/Internet to the Atari.

Let us know what you wind up doing. :thumbsup: