IGNORED

Collector's Cards and Games

boxpressed

Has anyone been able to place an order with them via their website? I placed an order back in May for some games, and Mike told me that it would take awhile to fill the order. I checked in last week with another email but haven't heard back. I think they are eBay sellers but may have problems with filling "regular" orders because of inventory management. Anyway, I just wanted to know if anyone was able to buy directly from them.

Has anyone been able to place an order with them via their website? I placed an order back in May for some games, and Mike told me that it would take awhile to fill the order. I checked in last week with another email but haven't heard back. I think they are eBay sellers but may have problems with filling "regular" orders because of inventory management. Anyway, I just wanted to know if anyone was able to buy directly from them.

Edited by AtariLeaf

I ordered from from a couple of times several years ago.

They did take several days to verify the orders, but all came out fine.

I think one time I called them to place the order.

I thought their prices were pretty fair and they were nice folks,

just not super streamlined like a corporate conglomerate.

IIRC, they had to double check their inventory by hand before

they would process payment.

I would say be patient and they'll come through.

I think that order filling became more complicated this year than in the past. I suspect that there's still inventory that hasn't been organized systematically for sale.

Ive ordered a ton of stuff from Mike over the years. He has always came through. Im actually doing another order this week with him. Ive always been able to get a hold of him by email or calling. He did move his shop from NJ to Florida so I know some of the inventory isn't organized the greatest as he has told me. The move disorganized his inventory a bit. He still has a bunch of boxes to go through yet. But he always come though with my orders or made things right.

I too have had good luck with them. Sounds like their inventory control may be getting out of hand though. Only real complaint I've ever had with them is in the quality of their stuff. Not always up to my standards and wish they did a better job describing conditions accurately.

• Like 1

I too have had good luck with them. Sounds like their inventory control may be getting out of hand though. Only real complaint I've ever had with them is in the quality of their stuff. Not always up to my standards and wish they did a better job describing conditions accurately.

I've ordered from him and my experience makes me to agree completely with you.

• Like 1

My experience was mixed. The items themselves were fine (the packing could've been a little better but everything arrived safely) and the prices were pretty good, but I got a weird vibe from the proprietor. His site encourages visitors to send in lists of boxes/manuals they need, but when I sent in my list, he seemed oddly resentful. It almost seemed like he expected me to commit to buy stuff before he actually named a price (or went to see whether he had it).

It also rubs me the wrong way that he didn't have two of the items listed in his online catalog -- items that, in all honesty, were the main reason I placed my order -- but almost a year later, he still hasn't removed those entries from the catalog.

I have placed a couple of orders with them over the last few years and haven't had any problems. Just like others have said, it took a few days for them to check their inventory then come back with a shipping quote. But also like some others here, I haven't ordered since early 2012, maybe mid to late 2011. Who knows, maybe something's come up with them?

My experience was mixed. The items themselves were fine (the packing could've been a little better but everything arrived safely) and the prices were pretty good, but I got a weird vibe from the proprietor. His site encourages visitors to send in lists of boxes/manuals they need, but when I sent in my list, he seemed oddly resentful. It almost seemed like he expected me to commit to buy stuff before he actually named a price (or went to see whether he had it).

It also rubs me the wrong way that he didn't have two of the items listed in his online catalog -- items that, in all honesty, were the main reason I placed my order -- but almost a year later, he still hasn't removed those entries from the catalog.

Two times I've asked for the Colecovision Zaxxon CIB sealed, and he doesn't find it but also doesn't remove it.

It has been a while since I ordered from Collectors Cards, but at least a few years ago he was helpful. As others have noted, the condition of the items is often a concern as I received quite a few badly crushed and dented items even though they were listed as brand new/sealed. A few weeks ago I inquired about an Ebay item he listed with a stock photo and received a rude response about how he has no time for picky collectors and that I should buy elsewhere if condition is an issue. I probably won't be buying from him again.

received a rude response about how he has no time for picky collectors

Which is kind of weird considering that the bulk of my label variations came from him as he went through his entire stock looking for them. Of course that was many many years ago.

• Like 1

Which is kind of weird considering that the bulk of my label variations came from him as he went through his entire stock looking for them. Of course that was many many years ago.

I would assume he has been getting a lot of inquiries from sealed collectors and maybe they have even returned some of the stuff they purchased from him. Having said that, he listed the item in question for pretty close to full market price and then didn't bother to post an actual photo, so I don't think it's inappropriate to ask if there is any major damage or for a photo. It's not like it was a $2 item or something.

A few weeks ago I inquired about an Ebay item he listed with a stock photo and received a rude response about how he has no time for picky collectors and that I should buy elsewhere if condition is an issue.

Maybe they should change their name to Not-So-Picky Collectors Cards and Games.

I will no longer buy from Collectors Cards and Games. One too many times I have bought cartridges from him at the Too Many Games expos only to find that they're dead when I got home to test them.

Not to change the subject, but are dead carts really that prevalent? I think I've come across three in my entire collecting career (all three were CBS RAM Plus carts).

^Since I resumed collecting in 2008 or so, I've encountered around 8-9 dead carts: two Intellivision, two Atari 2600, two Atari 7800, two Genesis, one NES. Certain titles are notorious for failing, e.g. Grind Stormer on the Genesis, and several other Tengen carts on the system (Pit Fighter was the one I bought that never worked). I just picked up a VCS Gremlins that doesn't boot. :(

Two times I've asked for the Colecovision Zaxxon CIB sealed, and he doesn't find it but also doesn't remove it.

Ha. That's one of the same items in my order. At least you got a reply that said he couldn't find it.

The cynic in me wonders whether he keeps them listed to attract business. Many people will try to find a reason to buy a few things at once to save on shipping, even if they only really want one thing.

A few weeks ago I inquired about an Ebay item he listed with a stock photo and received a rude response about how he has no time for picky collectors and that I should buy elsewhere if condition is an issue. I probably won't be buying from him again.

I'd take that to mean he's down to flea market quality stuff by now. ;)