IGNORED

ColecoVision 1.2 - replacement PCB, added features

5-11under

I don't really care about since I prefer to use CRT for old school systems

For anyone out there who thinks this, please consider getting an XRGB-mini Framemeister.

It's an upscaler with ports for almost everything (composite, S-video, component, scart RGB, HDMI... but not RF). If you have an LCD HDTV and enjoy old games, you've gotta get one of these. Perfect, sharp pixels.

Using component video, this new Colecovision board would look absolutely perfect on any HDTV.

My 1 suggestion would be to have some of the major chips use a socket rather than solder mounted direct to the board for ease of replacment if a problem occurs in the future.

Definitely the key components, including the controller input chips, will be socketed. The smaller logic chips might be soldered directly.
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Just a heads up that this is still in progress. I've removed these items from the next prototype: 32-in-1 multicart (not sure about final version), VGA (to be tested separately).

I'm also running out of space on the back panel for all of the options, so some compromises may need to be made there, or some creative solutions need to be thought of. I'm not too concerned for the next prototype, though.

post-3127-0-98747800-1380732652_thumb.png

• Like 4

This sounds great and I'm definitely interested, though depending upon the amount of technical skill I need to make this work, I may have to pass.

If you just need the basic functionality but improved reliability, then it "should" be quite easy. That's the plan, anyway.

Any plans to include a new front panel sticker with it?

This's something that can be done :)

I don't have plans to include a new front panel sticker. Collectorvision is your source if you want something like that. They've made replacements already.

Just making sure here... to take the case apart, you don't need to take the front panel off... take the bottom screws off and wrangle the two pieces apart... slightly better instructions can be found, by the way. ;)

• Like 1

For anyone out there who thinks this, please consider getting an XRGB-mini Framemeister.

It's an upscaler with ports for almost everything (composite, S-video, component, scart RGB, HDMI... but not RF). If you have an LCD HDTV and enjoy old games, you've gotta get one of these. Perfect, sharp pixels.

Using component video, this new Colecovision board would look absolutely perfect on any HDTV.

Will this work with no issues in the US?