IGNORED

Trying to ID 1990s multi-game plug n play console.

R.Bear

I used to have this console back in the 1990s and I have never been able to find any information on it or pictures since, so I'm wondering if anybody here might know what it is from a description.

The console itself was a large, blue see-through controller with a large battery pack on the back of it, as to the shape of it I'd liken it to being about the shape of an original Xbox controller but obviously with less buttons.

The controller vibrated whenever you gave it input in any way by pressing on the D-Pad, any of the buttons or moving the makeshift thumb-stick.

Either batteries could be inserted to the back of the controller, or a external power supply could be used which plugged directly into the controller. There were also a composite video out and a mono audio out on the top of the controller.

Audio wise it sounded as if it had one of the standard AY audio chips like those used in some machines like the Master System.

Of the games on it, one of them was a Pest Exterminator game where you played as a character who had to exterminate all of the pests inside a house. Another was a side-scrolling beat-em-up game where on the first level was based in some sort of shipyard, and the gameplay was using guns instead of melee combat.

Another was a space combat game where the player controlled space ship could be rotated 360 degrees using left or right on the D-Pad, moving forwards in the direction it's pointing by pressing up, and obviously firing upon enemies by pressing one of the buttons on the controller.

Sorry for the vague description, It's all I remember of the device and I'm trying to find out what kind of machine it was, as I no longer have it anymore.

yep, the Pelican Rumble Station. i had one of these back in the day and it was fantastic before emulation came into play. i played Crystal Mines so much that my thumb blistered from the thumbstick. i have a minty boxed one somewhere in storage,

IIRC, Color Dreams changed their name to Pelican and focused on gaming accessories over actual games (because most of them were garbage).

• Like 1

Yeah everywhere I've found some info about it, everybody who talks about it seems to be hating on it lol. The majority of the games on it weren't that good but I still had some fun with it when I was younger.

My only complaint with it really was how the thing vibrated every time you pressed a button, no matter what was going on on screen at the time.