IGNORED

Could there be any meaning to an NES glitch or is it random?

Ok this may be one of the dumbest questions asked on Atariage but I'm curious. It was a few years back me and a friend had struck out at the bars. We went back and played a game of RBI baseball before crashing. Within the first inning the game began to glitch. Anyone with an NES has seen this glitch I think. Different elements of the game become numbers, letters. The game was still playable so we just kept going. Before swinging, the bat was always replaced by a 3 digit number. It never seemed lower then 200 or higher then 900 if I'm remembering correctly. The batters with the higher number seemed more likely to get a hit. I'm not sure if that was the case or if we were just wasted. Do you think the game may have been displaying the code that determined the batters batting average? Or were we just a couple of drunk dudes making sense of random numbers? I was curios if anyone else had experienced this type of glitch, and if it were possible to reproduce this glitch in a way that could be useful in other games?

I know games glitch out in various ways due to (I am assuming anyway) the system not making full/proper contact with the pcb on the cart. For instance, if you jiggle the cart slightly while a game is on (just enough as to not interrupt the game itself), sometimes you will get random characters, other times you will get lines across the screen or the image will start to sort of evaporate or tear. It's hard to describe, haha.