IGNORED

Pac-man controllers

nanochess

Hi.

I've found this picture of Colecovision controllers for Pac-Man https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=214453782054792&l=0e860ad2c5

Text says that these are controllers provided by Atari for Pac-Man, obviously wrong as Pac-Man was never published for Colecovision.

Anyway I'm suspecting these are homebrew controllers, there is more info?

Didn't "Doubledown" (or somebody else?) make some special color Pac-man controllers and sell them a couple of years ago when Pac-Man Collection was released on cartridge?

He did indeed - and I have a set. He also produced a set with Donkey Kong and Donkey Kong Jr. controllers (again I have a set of these).

Some discussion on them here: http://atariage.com/forums/topic/183111-donkey-kong-and-dk-junior-custom-controllers/

• Like 1

He did indeed - and I have a set. He also produced a set with Donkey Kong and Donkey Kong Jr. controllers (again I have a set of these).

Some discussion on them here: http://atariage.com/forums/topic/183111-donkey-kong-and-dk-junior-custom-controllers/

Yup, I have both as well. They are pretty cool and they are similar to Yurkie in that they have a ball top joystick that makes the colecovision controller way better than original design.

Another one of DoubleDown's tremendous creations. There weren't very many of these Pac-Man/Ms. Pac-Man Controller Sets made and they are incredibly responsive with the extended shaft that was installed and the larger ball-knob that was used... same goes for the D.K./D.K. Jr. Controller Set. Both sets are extremely hard to come by and I think Marc Oberhausser still had the D.K. set available on his website.

What's even rarer is the custom built Pac-Man themed ColecoVision that DoubleDown made. I think there are only a handful of those out in the wild.

post-25956-0-61500500-1379369179_thumb.jpg

post-25956-0-57838700-1379369221_thumb.jpg

post-25956-0-76285600-1379369226_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

What's even rarer is the custom built Pac-Man themed ColecoVision that DoubleDown made. I think there are only a handful of those out in the wild.

For a while I was in discussions with doubledown about making me a Donkey Kong/Jr. themed mini-ColecoVision. Things were progressing well until he vanished from AtariAge and also stopped responding to emails. I was understandably very disappointed to not get a unique mini-CV. Did anyone ever find out what happened to doubledown?

While you have dug this topic up..........does anyone know how he colored them?

I have been experimenting with it because I've been inspired by doubledown and yurkies efforts, but I have failed at changing the color of the plastic.

I'm fairly sure they are dyed, not painted.

I know that they were dyed. You should ask Yurkie - he knows how to do it.