IGNORED

Season 7 Round 3 - Matt Patrol

Ikrananka

I can't figure out how to use the BIN file in blueMSX. How can I play the ROM? When I use Cartridge slot 1 it's not a supported format.

There are a number of hacked prototype roms floating aorund the internet. To ensure that everyone playing this round is using the same ROM, i.e. the one used to obtain the Twin Galaxies high score, please download the attached and either play on a real CV using a multicart or use your favourite emulator (blueMSX is recommended).

attachicon.gifMatt Patrol (1984)(Atarisoft)(Prototype).zip (CRC: 90007079)

Yeah, I think the mine section is the toughest part of the game...I think the secret is that you just have to go through it slow. If you speed up at all you usually mis-time your jump and get blown up.

Higher score, but I always loose at least one life from those damn landmines... :x

• Like 1

Yeah, I think the mine section is the toughest part of the game...I think the secret is that you just have to go through it slow. If you speed up at all you usually mis-time your jump and get blown up.

It is certainly the hardest section for me. It is the middle section from J to O. I do go thru that section slowly....but if I land too close to one of those landmines it wont let me jump and my moonbuggy gets blown up. The most difficult are the sections where the landmines are closer together and you don't have much clearance to land between them. After I finally passed that section it got easier again.

It is certainly the hardest section for me. It is the middle section from J to O. I do go thru that section slowly....but if I land too close to one of those landmines it wont let me jump and my moonbuggy gets blown up. The most difficult are the sections where the landmines are closer together and you don't have much clearance to land between them. After I finally passed that section it got easier again.

Don't jump too close to the mines. If you practice and consistently jump a little further ahead of each mine then you'll have no problem when you land between the two mines close together. Jumping a little further ahead ensures that you land also land a little earlier giving you enough time to jump over the second mine.

What I do when the mine are very close is I press up to jump the first mine then I press up again repetitively, as fast as I can, so that as soon as the buggy lands its jumps right away.

All that while going at "normal" speed ... without moving the joystick left or right.

Don't jump too close to the mines. If you practice and consistently jump a little further ahead of each mine then you'll have no problem when you land between the two mines close together. Jumping a little further ahead ensures that you land also land a little earlier giving you enough time to jump over the second mine.

What I do when the mine are very close is I press up to jump the first mine then I press up again repetitively, as fast as I can, so that as soon as the buggy lands its jumps right away.

All that while going at "normal" speed ... without moving the joystick left or right.

Yeah, I know now. Just something I'll have to practice.