IGNORED

Friday Quick Contest #2: "I'm a lover, not a figher!&qu

davidcalgary29

The first person who correctly answers the following questions wins:

a loose copy of "Toki" for the Lynx.

1. Michael Jackson was prevented from having consecutive #1 hits on Billboard's "Hot 100" chart by this group, which had a #1 hit for 1 week in 1983. Name the group, their song, and the two Michael Jackson hits that bookended this particular hit.

2. Michael Jackson had a #1 solo hit with "Ben" in 1972 when he was 13, making him the second-youngest male to have a solo #1 hit at the time. Who was the first -- and with what hit?

3. Many Jackson family members had Top-40 hits at the height of Jacksonmania. This Jackson family cousin had a hit with a song that was coincidentally named after a famous contemporary video game.

Name the song, the performer, and the year that it peaked on Billboard's "Hot 100" chart.

1. Michael Jackson was prevented from having consecutive #1 hits on Billboard's "Hot 100" chart by this group, which had a #1 hit for 1 week in 1983.  Name the group, their song, and the two Michael Jackson hits that bookended this particular hit.

Dexys Midnight Runners / Come On Eileen

The two songs that bookend it are:

Michael Jackson / Billie Jean

Michael Jackson feat. Eddie Van Halen / Beat It

2. Michael Jackson had a #1 solo hit with "Ben" in 1972 when he was 13, making him the second-youngest male to have a solo #1 hit at the time. Who was the first -- and with what hit?

Paul Anka, with Diana - 1957

3. Many Jackson family members had Top-40 hits at the height of Jacksonmania. This Jackson family cousin had a hit with a song that was coincidentally named after a famous contemporary video game.  

Name the song, the performer, and the year that it peaked on Billboard's "Hot 100" chart.

I'm stimped here. Victory - Kool & The Gang maybe?

Is this a song that was #1 on the charts, or was it just around in the top 40?

I think I got it right? :ponder:

Question 1:

Group:Dexys Midnight Runners

Song:Come On Eileen

Jackson's hits:"Billie Jean" and "Beat It"

Question 2:

Jimmy Osmond

Song:"Long Haired Lover From Liverpool"

Question 3:

Song:"Centipede"

Artist:Rebbie Jackson

Year it peaked:1984

Not right, but close. ;)

You get bonus points, though, if you sing "Centipede" in the shower tomorrow morning.

For more that you-never-really-wanted-to-know about Rebbie Jackson's fabulous career, see:

http://www.jacksonweb.de/Rebbie/en.html?

Be sure to try that Rebbie Jackson quiz!

Youngest male to enter the top 40, or youngest to have a #1 song?

Allright, guess #2:

Question 1:

Question 2 (I hope I am right this time):

Lil Romeo

"My Baby"

Question 3:

While "'Lil Romeo" is often credited with being the youngest male ever to have a #1 Hot 100 hit, his song actually peaked at #5 on that chart (the song did hit #1 on the composite charts, the Rap chart, and the Top R&B singles chart). The first -- and still youngest -- male to hit #1 was also "'lil" in his time. ;)

The first -- and still youngest -- male to hit #1 was also "'lil" in his time.  ;)

O.K., guess number three:

Question 1:

Question 2 :

Little Stevie Wonder

"Fingertips - Pt 2"

Question 3:

Yes, Stevland Morris was only 12 years old when "Fingertips" (Pt. 2) hit the top of the chart in 1963. Congratulations! "Toki" is yours, and will be following your other prizes (which were mailed, by the way) shortly.  :)

:grin: Yes! Finally I get the answers right! :grin:

Yes, Stevland Morris was only 12 years old when "Fingertips" (Pt. 2) hit the top of the chart in 1963. Congratulations! "Toki" is yours, and will be following your other prizes (which were mailed, by the way) shortly.  :)

Lil' was such a dead giveaway. If I had been logged on when you posted that, the prize would be mine. :ponder: Oh well, I have nothing to play Toki on anyway! :D

Lil' was such a dead giveaway. If I had been logged on when you posted that, the prize would be mine. :ponder: Oh well, I have nothing to play Toki on anyway! :D

Well, it WAS supposed to be a "quick" contest. ;)

I've found myself with alot of 7800 doubles, so next week's prize just may be something that you CAN use. :)