IGNORED

The Lost Caves of Kroz

KnechtRuprecht

What I'm curious about... 3D Realms has released the Kroz-series under GPL I understand, so Kroz games can be copied and sold by anyone as long as a copy of the GPL-text is included. So would your game automatically be GPL too as it uses the Kroz name?

And no "trademark of 3D Realms" is needed? The original makers of Kroz need not be mentioned, neither must the GPL license be mentioned on the title screen? Can works based on GPL license games even be copyrighted like fully original games despite being based on GPL material to some degree?

I have little knowledge of licenses like this, but I find it interesting as the original Kroz-games are free under GPL, yet this is a deriative work only based on the originals, so I'm not sure how this works legally. I find this stuff pretty complicated and would like to know...

What I'm curious about... 3D Realms has released the Kroz-series under GPL I understand, so Kroz games can be copied and sold by anyone as long as a copy of the GPL-text is included. So would your game automatically be GPL too as it uses the Kroz name?

And no "trademark of 3D Realms" is needed? The original makers of Kroz need not be mentioned, neither must the GPL license be mentioned on the title screen? Can works based on GPL license games even be copyrighted like fully original games despite being based on GPL material to some degree?

I have little knowledge of licenses like this, but I find it interesting as the original Kroz-games are free under GPL, yet this is a deriative work only based on the originals, so I'm not sure how this works legally. I find this stuff pretty complicated and would like to know...

The Lost Caves of Kroz is only sanctioned by the owners of Kroz. They do not own The Lost Caves of Kroz or carry its copyright.