IGNORED

Colecovision version of Pong and Computer Space Gameplay Clips

Kiwi

I've decided to make gifs of 2 games in action. I used GifCam2 make these clips.

Here is Pong at the moment.

post-24767-0-91563400-1380223697_thumb.gif --click to animate

And Computer Space. This gif is 1.14 MB.

post-24767-0-51568700-1380223658_thumb.gif --click to animate

I didn't want the gif to be too big. Pong will have it own title screen and animated sequence. I do have to reduce the spin out time for the Player's ship to match up to the arcade version. Computer Space have multiple modes of game play options in the game. I hope you enjoy these .gif. Take care!

Edited by Kiwi
  • Like 4

The gifs' framerate up above I think are too slow to show the actual gameplay and the smoothness of the star field. So, I set the Gifcam2 at 33 fps and attempted to demonstrate the 2 player mode. FF stands for friendly fire, so if you accidentally hit your friend's ship, the UFO gets the point. I also fixed the ships and UFO timing to 1 seconds like the arcade.

post-24767-0-73125600-1380341809_thumb.gif

Also, I'm currently making a new title screen. The LS_Dracon showed me the flyer of this game and went with his suggestion. I think this one fit the game a ton more the current cartoony one. I think it looks terrific. I'll post it on the next gif. Take care everyone.

Edited by Kiwi
  • Like 1

post-24767-0-07382000-1380345505_thumb.png

This is the new one I've working on, which isn't 100% which needs the sprites to cover up the color aptitude clash. The green machine is the 2 player version. This is the flyer I am referencing from, http://ffffound.com/image/adcad6954b7c797361c8c1026ad2af74281e6f89. Maybe I should go with the yellow original machine one.

I do like Raccoon Lad mock up. His pixel art skills are very awesome. It is hard for me to decide on which title screens to chose from. It should fit in 128 tiles, I think it should be fine. The title screen lettering I made writing uses 13 tiles. So there's about 144 tiles left for cabinet with the lady. I'm pretty glad to open this thread to get suggestions on the title screen. I will get some sleep and decide.

Edited by Kiwi
  • Like 1

I think I'll just add the randomly selected out of 4 colors single player cabinet on the other side of PRESS FIRE to balance out the picture.

I think the colored and the black cartridge should be the same version, to make it fair for the others. I'm so neutral, sorry...

Edited by Kiwi
  • Like 1

Also, I'm currently making a new title screen. The LS_Dracon showed me the flyer of this game and went with his suggestion. I think this one fit the game a ton more the current cartoony one. I think it looks terrific. I'll post it on the next gif. Take care everyone.

Nope, was not me.

But I like the idea.

Here's my suggestion:

attachicon.gif01.png Background & sprites

attachicon.gif02.png Just background

attachicon.gif03.png Just sprites

Looks good, have you tried to use some dithering?

Edited by LS_Dracon
  • Like 1