IGNORED

HSC10 Round 16: Mega Space Blastathon

therealbountybob

Good game all! I should have played some more Aquatron. The whole point of this round was to play 'one of the best games never to have been played in HSC' and I've still hardly played it!

:D

might squeeze in another poll of best new to the HSC games before the end of the season :)

Woo hoo!

First win feels awesome!

Fun round, thanks! This rekindled my interest in Aquatron and introduced me to a few fun titles I hadn't seen before - I think Juno First will be in my play rotation for quite some time.

You should get a certificate or badge or something... will have a word with the merchandising dept (cat) :D

OK so who's going to spill the Juno Juice and tell me how to get a serious score?!! I did wonder about flying through to the egg man (yes I'm sure that's his name) then go on a point grabbing spree.... I didn't find the warps particularly helpful - mainly as I'd pressed space and then got splattered even though I had definitely pressed it in time honest :-o

Well it's less than 24 hours since the final table and no-one has said I've missed anything so I'll update rhe current standings and see what's going on in the ranks ;)

You should get a certificate or badge or something... will have a word with the merchandising dept (cat) :D

Wow, I wasn't expecting all that... It's just nice to 'join the club'!

OK so who's going to spill the Juno Juice and tell me how to get a serious score?!! I did wonder about flying through to the egg man (yes I'm sure that's his name) then go on a point grabbing spree.... I didn't find the warps particularly helpful - mainly as I'd pressed space and then got splattered even though I had definitely pressed it in time honest :-o

Dunno if mine qualifies as a 'serious' score, or if this even qualifies as a tip, but I made sure to start every third wave, the ones that start with a tight formation, by trucking backwards a bit to gain a little breathing room right away, then charging toward them when they lined up Galaga-style.

And don't forget that you can't outrun the X mines. Take care of those right away.

I didn't even try to use warps... couldn't reach the keyboard from sitting back in a comfortable chair. Suppose I could have used my toes, but that's just awkward. :)