IGNORED

RETRO: The Multi-Format, Throw-Back Magazine - KICKSTARTER

• 2 weeks later...

Hey AtariAge! Here is our latest Kickstarter update which also indicates how you can subscribe to the magazine at this point. We do have a limited supply of about 500 printed premier issues left and it is for sale individually if you just want that issue. You might also be able to find it at your local Play N Trade store by the end of the year and into 2014 ;)

Hello Backers!

I just wanted to give you all an update as to our progress on the Premier Issue of RETRO magazine! The update is we are working hard with our writing and creative team and are on schedule for a December shipment of the January 2014 Premier Issue!

The premier issue will weigh in at 68 Pages (and only a few ads) and you won't be disappointed with the great content that will adorn the pages.

International backers will be receiving their "extra shipping" invoices soon and these will be emailed directly to you. Paypal will be the preferred payment method for those.

If you know anyone else that might want to get a subscription or even just an individual copy of the printed Premier Issue of RETRO (Limited to about 500 copies left) you can give them this subscription link. Prices include shipping anywhere in the world! Remember, you can also buy RETRO as a gift for that gaming friend or family member! Just click the "I'm gifting to someone box" and you are good to go!

https://checkout.subscriptiongenius.com/ReadRetro.com/

We are also working diligently on launching http://www.ReadRetro.com our official website that will be running new, original and up-to-date content to complement the magazine.

Happy Holidays from all of us at RETRO and thanks again for all of your support!

Mike Kennedy

Publisher | RETRO

Edited by Parrothead

• 2 weeks later...

Hey AtariAge! Here is our latest Kickstarter update which also indicates how you can subscribe to the magazine at this point. We do have a limited supply of about 500 printed premier issues left and it is for sale individually if you just want that issue. You might also be able to find it at your local Play N Trade store by the end of the year and into 2014 ;)

Hello Backers!

I just wanted to give you all an update as to our progress on the Premier Issue of RETRO magazine! The update is we are working hard with our writing and creative team and are on schedule for a December shipment of the January 2014 Premier Issue!

Page count sounds great. I'm OK with Ads as it was through one in Classic Gamer Magazine back in 1998/1999 that I obtained a INTV [1] Controller Adapter from an outfit in Canada. It used the parallel port and worked with Carl Mueller's the Command Prompt [ok DOS] version of INTV Lives. For at least 4-5 years it was the only way to use INTV 1 controllers for INTV emu.

Edited by JL

Our latest Kickstarter update for anyone interested.

f13748697e241791e05a0989b0d0cad9_large.p

We are excited to announce Play N Trade stores will be our Exclusive North American "Video Game Store" Retail Partner and will be distributing RETRO in all of their USA and Canadian stores starting this January. In addition, Play N Trade stores will begin listing some of their RETRO stock up for sale/auction on GameGavel.com. This will bring in lots of new listings for our GameGavel members and RETRO readers to potentially add to their RETRO gaming collections. Look for their auctions to start appearing soon!

RETRO INTERNATIONAL

To date, RETRO will be shipping to subscribers in over 35 countries! We want to see photos of you holding your premier copy of RETRO in front of anything that shows off where you live or in front of notable landmarks. We will choose many of the photos to grace pages of future RETRO magazines and on our website. More info on when and where to email your photos will be forthcoming soon after the magazines are mailed out. It really is great to see the RETRO community is alive and well in all corners of the world!

Stay tuned for more exciting magazine (premier issue cover art and artist reveal) and readretro.com website launch news. And don't forget to continue helping us promote RETRO and sell more subscriptions so we can continue to grow above and beyond our Kickstarter funding. I think it's safe to say we ALL want RETRO to continue on into the coming years.

HOW YOU CAN HELP:

Thanks again to all of you for making this December and holiday season a special one for gamers worldwide that will include the OFFICIAL LAUNCH OF RETRO!

Mike Kennedy @RetroKennedy

Publisher | RETRO

Edited by Parrothead
  • Like 1

Just a heads up that we are wrapping the premier issue and it's going to be pretty epic! We have a short supply of these left and if you want to get in on it and include it in a years subscription than you need to buy today/tomorrow. If you order the subscription starting next week for example it will begin with issue #2 which is still cool, but you will miss out on the premier.

You will continue to be able to buy JUST the premier issue though, until they sell out - which won't be long :)

Thanks to all of you here on AA that have already subscribed. If you want to help out AtariAge and Albert - you can order your subscription using this link and he will share in the revenue.

AtariAge Subscription Page Link: https://checkout.subscriptiongenius.com/ReadRetro.com/AtariAge.com/

• 2 weeks later...

LATEST KICKSTARTER UPDATE:

Hey RETRO Heads! Great news, the premier issue of RETRO has gone to print and will be shipping after the first of the year to your mailboxes and in over 40 countries. We can't tell you all how great it feels to have worked with all of you to help create what we hope will be one of the leading video gaming magazines in the USA and around the world. It is really something special and we have all of you to thank for helping to make it happen.

In the coming days, weeks we will be polishing up the Official Website of RETRO Video Game Magazine, http://www.readretro.com. You can expect a full-blown content site, which will complement your enjoyment of the magazine. We can't wait to launch this and give you all a cool new website dedicated to your love of RETRO gaming.

I want to take this time to wish you all Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays on behalf of the entire RETRO team. As a special gift, here is the RETRO Premier cover. Please help us show it off on your favorite gaming forums, via Twitter and Facebook. And as always, feel free to help us sell more subscriptions so we can keep the magazine growing into the new year. Here is the direct subscription link for your use: https://checkout.subscriptiongenius.com/ReadRetro.com/

826cf4c542b9bec28df8b9094b297095_large.j

Mike Kennedy

PUBLISHER | RETRO Video Game Magazine

Yeah, I'm kind of surprised to not already have a PDF now that it's been sent to the printers. And the lack of communication about the method of digital delivery (the question's been asked but not answered on KS) gives me the sinking feeling that I may have inadvertently paid for something with DRM, or that requires me to log into some retarded website in order to read it, or both.

Originally, the plan was that "Kickstarter backers will receive their copy of the premiere issue in December". Deadlines get pushed back; it happens to all of us. But I'm hoping to at least get the digital version before the credit card dispute cutoff happens in 3 weeks (60 days after funding succeeded and I got charged). In most cases, the cutoff happens long before the estimated deliverable dates. In this case, the schedule was aggressive enough that I still have that option, though I'm sure it would reflect negatively upon my Kickstarter account if I did.

I just got my digital subscription link. When I log into Subscription Genius with it, it says I have 5 issues left and there's a button to "renew". There is no visible option to access the current issue (they don't even have the cover yet) and your last update makes it sound like we won't get it till January. At my pledge level I should be getting 6 issues. What's going on?

I'm asking this here because the most recent post in the KS comments section is a question that hasn't been answered after 9 days, at least publicly, and I know firsthand that Atariage thread notifications work.

I just got my digital subscription link. When I log into Subscription Genius with it, it says I have 5 issues left and there's a button to "renew". There is no visible option to access the current issue (they don't even have the cover yet) and your last update makes it sound like we won't get it till January. At my pledge level I should be getting 6 issues. What's going on?

I'm asking this here because the most recent post in the KS comments section is a question that hasn't been answered after 9 days, at least publicly, and I know firsthand that Atariage thread notifications work.

Hi Raindog,

As it said in the email, there has been one issue "swiped" from your account, that is the premier issue. So you have five remaining. It also mentions the digital version will arrive the same week the printed versions are shipping out so sometime around the 6th of January the digital version will be available in your Subscription Genius subscriber page. The digital version is a flip-book style html 5 version, readable on any device, that will remain in your inventory indefinitely. Hope this answers your questions :) If not private message me and I can help you out.

We have opened up a couple more pages for preview at http://www.readretro.com

I like the Meet the Team section......reminds me of the old independent PSM mag reading the fun quotes. "Favorite Noob game" :P

Being an artist myself I hope to see artwork. Anime, normal art, comic style art....anything but hopefully lots of it!

Shucks, no PayPal option for subscribing? I never, ever use credit or debit cards for magazine subscriptions :(

I know what you're saying, I ended up canceling a credit card to finally get rid of a magazine that wouldn't quit charging me. I mostly use Amazon now since it makes the process much easier.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...