IGNORED

Breaking news: Intellivision flashback coming to retail

Rev

• 2 weeks later...

In the world of Intellivision, everything moves in slow motion, much like us as we age and get older.

Be prepared for anything to take a while to come out.

It is just like the games for our beloved system. Old, slow and soon to be ancient. we are growing old together. long live us and the Intellivision!

• Like 2

In the world of Intellivision, everything moves in slow motion, much like us as we age and get older.

It is just like the games for our beloved system. Old, slow and soon to be ancient. we are growing old together. long live us and the Intellivision!

This is the 35th year anniversary of the Intellivision, im sure something will come out at retail by the holiday season, maybe some news will trickle out soon.

side note......how long before some chinese knock-off of the Intyflashback, like I remember hearing about the Atari flashback?

This is the 35th year anniversary of the Intellivision, im sure something will come out at retail by the holiday season, maybe some news will trickle out soon.

side note......how long before some chinese knock-off of the Intyflashback, like I remember hearing about the Atari flashback?

All in good time, and it shall be great too!

All in good time, and it shall be great too!

Im not going to get my hopes up, so then, I wont be disapointed if it sucks.

I hope AtGames dont screw it up and take shortcuts.

Will it have a cool poster I wonder at least?

Speak for yourself! Some of us will remain young forever. ;)

-dZ.

• Like 2

You lucky dog! Getting the exclusive sneak peek!

I just advise on their products, as do a few others. For all the flack the company has gotten over the years, they really do care about getting the products as right as possible for their target market. I think as long as expectations are kept realistic, all of the new Flashbacks should be quite interesting for people, especially the new Intellivision and ColecoVision ones. I still haven't handled the actual hardware yet, but I hope I can soon. Superficially, it's all looking spot on.

• Like 7

I'm not sure if I can reveal the exact number of games for the Intellivision Flashback at this point, but most won't be disappointed. It will contain over half the original Mattel/INTV run of games (sans what would more or less be duplicates) with just a few notable exceptions due to licensing or compatibility issues (and nothing from the KC or ECS). If there's a 2015 edition, that may possibly include ECS, homebrews, and a couple of the missing titles that are not restricted due to licensing. There's no exact date for release, but it will be this year, and definitely by the holidays. Their usual release schedule starts in the September timeframe I believe. We should know more in a few months.

• Like 1

Ooooh... Early bird editions at CGE would be a great rollout time. :D

That would make sense, and at the very least I'm sure they'll have a presence. I wish I could go to CGE this year because beyond the obvious reasons, I think that will be one of the screening locations for my feature film documentary. We'll be having our third child right around that time, so that obviously has to take priority.

• Like 3

That would make sense, and at the very least I'm sure they'll have a presence. I wish I could go to CGE this year because beyond the obvious reasons, I think that will be one of the screening locations for my feature film documentary. We'll be having our third child right around that time, so that obviously has to take priority.

Absolutely! And congratulations!

• Like 1

What movie are you working on?

I was a writer and producer for Gameplay: The Story of the Videogame Revolution. You can read about it here: http://www.armchairarcade.com/neo/taxonomy/term/3867 and here: http://gameplaymovie.com/ . It's loosely based on some of my previous books.