IGNORED

Coleco Industries - The Rise & Fall - History Book

retroillucid

A little update

I'm ACTIVELY working on this book. I added a bunch of stuff!

I scanned alot of photos for this book, oh yes, I did!

I'm still very busy with holidays but once it get passed, I'll resume works and get this book out!

I need to know, is there something you guys want to be in that book?

Any ideas, suggestions?

I have to kick my butt and get that book released... THIS YEAR!! :twisted: ;)

I'd love to see artwork and pictures and lots of them especially if you could have pages devoted to each Coleco game, kind of like Sellers' Arcade Fever. I really like the way he had "X" Game and then lots of pics and info on it and possibly interviews and then other events going on around the gaming world at the time.

Kent's Ultimate History's layout and content is quite good IMO and it's one of my favs in the last 10 years.

I'm also a huge fan of Leonard Herman's Phoenix books and it would be cool to have something structered like his...almost like a journal of events etc starting maybe in the 70's?

Any combination of the above three would be great but I'm big on pictures and artwork. Arcade cabinets and any related art to the games. The best thing about the CV is all the great arcade games and the cool art! :P

A little update

I'm ACTIVELY working on this book. I added a bunch of stuff!

I scanned alot of photos for this book, oh yes, I did!

I'm still very busy with holidays but once it get passed, I'll resume works and get this book out!

I need to know, is there something you guys want to be in that book?

Any ideas, suggestions?

I have to kick my butt and get that book released... THIS YEAR!! :twisted: ;)

I'm looking forward to it as Colecovision is one of my favorite consoles of all time. There's probably enough Coleco vaporware it'll warrant its own chapter.

I'd love to see as many photos as possible, in particular "unofficial" photographs taken by employees - these can often be quite fascinating. Personal insights from Coleco employees would also be cool.Basically as much information as possible that isn't already in the public domain.

I do have ALOT of great photos, trust me ;)

• Like 1

I'm very hyped for this book to happen and there's a lot of books I'm waiting on coming out this year (especially the kickstarter backed history of Sega Genesis book and Wrestling with Pixels history of wrestling video games book) but a Coleco history one could top them all. I checked my video games related storage, as I do on occasion, saw my still new in box Colecovision from '82 (bought in the early 90's before retro became an expensive term) and, what luck, found my original and still working Coleco Electronic Quarterback! Only thing made me laugh more was I found a Pyraminx (a handheld puzzle created in the wake of the Rubik's Cube craze but as the name would give away, a pyramid shape instead of a cube). Please, keep us all updated on the book's progress.

• 1 month later...

Little update

Toby has been able to restore important files from my other PC, including the latest works of the Coleco Book!

And some very important photos as well !!

Thanks again man!

In fact, the previous version I sent to Jim was clearly an old version

Jim now have the latest version to start working on it on his side

Now all this are REALLY GOING FOWARD! :twisted:

This post may seem almost useless for the common, but believe me!, I was not going to rewrite what has been done already, this was clearly REQUIRED to resume works on the book!

See you next update! :)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

How goes the progress?

I gave my text to Jim (NIAD) so he can complete missing sections and make the text better (I'm a french Canadian)

we will have to choose wich pictures we will use for the book (MANY to choose from!)

Then will have a Brotherhood proof read

Edited by retroillucid
  • Like 2

I gave my text to Jim (NIAD) so he can complete missing sections and make the text better (I'm a french Canadian)

we will have to choose wich pictures we will use for the book (MANY to choose from!)

Then will have a Brotherhood proof read

Woo Hoo! I'm pumped to see this work.. can't wait. Good job guys :D

One step closer...

• Like 1

• 1 month later...