IGNORED

Benchmarks on old video cards on 12 year old PC.

Well OK, I did this just for fun, I actually still use an old Pentium 4 2.53 PC for regular use, along side a slightly later AMD Athlon XP. 3000+Anyhow, I dug around some boxes I had here and found a bunch of old AGP video cards. I was curious as too which was the better card, so decided to find out.

All tests were run on a GIGABYTE 8IE533, motherboard with Intel Pentium 4-2533 Northwood CPU, I gig Ram and Windows XP SP3.

I used the benchmark of the era, Aquamark 3 http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=67

This is really just to show how much difference a video card can make to your old PC and gaming experience.

Sadly neither the nVidia Geforce 4 Ti 4600(Abit Siluro), or nVidia Geforce 5900GT(XFX), would work at all in my Gigabyte board, I know I used to run these cards fine in the Athlon, but neither play in the P4, just a beep and screw you! Maybe they have failed after all these years, but i think it is just they were both kinda picky back then too.

OK, just for laugh's onto the scores!

nVidia Geforce 2 MX 400 5248.

nVidia Geforce 4 MX 400 SE 6046.

nVidia Geforce 4 MX 440 7227.

ATI Radeon 9250 Pro 9127.

ATI Radeon X800 49166.

Pretty obvious which card I'm using right?? The GF4Ti & 5900 would probably have even'd this all out pretty well, although I doub't they would have matched the X800's massive lead(thing is on eBay UK, they all cost about the same...too much!). Mostly I only post this to remind you folks that the video card makes all the difference. But mostly, I was bored, and also wanted to test the contents of my box of old video cards.I figure this is all RETRO enough for Atariage as nothing is newer than 2004, mostly 2001/2002.

Best regards.