IGNORED

Sears TELE-GAMES Overlay set (purchase intent)

pboland

Sears TELE-GAMES Overlay Set Purchase Intent.  

46 members have voted

1. 1. How many copies do you plan on purchasing?

• (1) Copy
    • (2) Copies
    • (3) Copies
    • (4) Copies
    • More than four (please state in post below)

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

For those that don't know, I'm working on a homebrew project that can be seen here:

There seems to be a lot more interest in this than I antisipated. Because of that I need to get a better gauge of how many people really want this collection (this is NOT an official order taking). This poll is merely to gauge intent of purchase.

The collection will come in a box that is the same size as an Intellivision game box. In the box will be 60 overlays, 30 cart labels, and one instruction booklet. Here's a picture of the box:

post-9874-0-88516500-1382041389_thumb.jpg

Keep in mind that the price of this homebrew product is going to be $75.00 (US) per set plus s/h. Please do not over inflate your intentions.

Did you tally up everyone that posted in the original thread as well? That would be at least one per person that expressed interest in there.

I'm going to take a guess that you could easily do a run of 100 of these and maybe up to 150.

Get busy!! LOL

I took the liberty of going through the original thread (and this thread so far) to add up everyone's intent. If anyone initially said one thing, but later said something different, I used the most recent statement of interest. Some people have indicated how many they wanted, while others only indicated "interest". For those who only indicated interest, I inserted their comment. This list of the total of both threads up until this post and only includes written interest. The numbers from the actual poll are not included, unless it accompanied an actual statement in a post. These are also in chronological order.

Sears Overlay interest

This adds up to approximately:

48 Sets (assuming everyone who cited a number buys the minimum they stated)

54 Sets (assuming everyone who listed a range buys the maximum they stated)

62 Sets (if you assume everyone orders the max of their range and you add 1 set for all those who showed a decent level of "interest" in the threads

Assuming there is a last minute rush of additional buyers once the sale begins, I'm thinking that 100 sets would be a safe bet. Maybe more. Knowing how this community operates, I would think that 150 or more would eventually sell, if you're not in a hurry to unload all of them quick. Every time a game or overlay set sells out, there is interest for years after. They would eventually sell, IMO.

Edit: ghsqb mentioned that he'd buy 4, then later mentioned that he wanted 15. I used the 4 since I couldn't tell if he was joking :-o

Edited by JasonlikesINTV
  • Like 3

Nice work jason! Above the call of duty!

And yes i agree, i think once the sets are out it may generate more interest. It may even drive up the prices of sears games on ebay! LOL.

Thanks a lot Pboland. ;-)

I almost have a second set of 29 already!

Nicely done Jason! As Jason said 100 might be the right number if you don't need them to sell out right away. There are a few individuals from this forum who might not have seen this yet. What's great about this is that clearly this will help fund the next set, the blue boxed CBS/Coleco set which could be even more epic! :)

I took the liberty of going through the original thread (and this thread so far) to add up everyone's intent. If anyone initially said one thing, but later said something different, I used the most recent statement of interest. Some people have indicated how many they wanted, while others only indicated "interest". For those who only indicated interest, I inserted their comment. This list of the total of both threads up until this post and only includes written interest. The numbers from the actual poll are not included, unless it accompanied an actual statement in a post. These are also in chronological order.

This adds up to approximately:

48 Sets (assuming everyone who cited a number buys the minimum they stated)

54 Sets (assuming everyone who listed a range buys the maximum they stated)

62 Sets (if you assume everyone orders the max of their range and you add 1 set for all those who showed a decent level of "interest" in the threads

Assuming there is a last minute rush of additional buyers once the sale begins, I'm thinking that 100 sets would be a safe bet. Maybe more. Knowing how this community operates, I would think that 150 or more would eventually sell, if you're not in a hurry to unload all of them quick. Every time a game or overlay set sells out, there is interest for years after. They would eventually sell, IMO.

Now that's what I call hard numbers.

That's awesome that you went and put that info together. The amount of interest in this project is amazing!

Just thinking off the top of my head:

I don't think I would want to make anymore than 100 sets max. The reason for that is to make sure that it maintains its value as a collectors item. If I was to produce them after the 100 set mark, I would most likely make the set different in some ways. First off, all my overlays have a print year on them so the next set would be easily identifiable for that reason alone. Next, I most likely would not put it in the same box (maybe not a box at all). Again, this would be to maintain the value as a collectors item. Plus at some point I will need time to work on other homebrew overlay/label projects.

I look forward to seeing where this "intent to buy" poll levels out.

Again, thank guys for all the interest in this project.

Edited by pboland

Nice work jason! Above the call of duty!

And yes i agree, i think once the sets are out it may generate more interest. It may even drive up the prices of sears games on ebay! LOL.

Thanks a lot Pboland. ;-)

I almost have a second set of 29 already!

Nicely done Jason! As Jason said 100 might be the right number if you don't need them to sell out right away. There are a few individuals from this forum who might not have seen this yet. What's great about this is that clearly this will help fund the next set, the blue boxed CBS/Coleco set which could be even more epic! :)

Now that's what I call hard numbers.

That's awesome that you went and put that info together. The amount of interest in this project is amazing!

Just thinking off the top of my head:

I don't think I would want to make anymore than 100 sets max. The reason for that is to make sure that it maintains its value as a collectors item. If I was to produce them after the 100 set mark, I would most likely make the set different in some ways. First off, all my overlays have a print year on them so the next set would be easily identifiable for that reason alone. Next, I most likely would not put it in the same box (maybe not a box at all). Again, this would be to maintain the value as a collectors item. Plus at some point I will need time to work on other homebrew overlay/label projects.

I look forward to seeing where this "intent to buy" poll levels out.

Again, thank guys for all the interest in this project.

I have been pretty stoked about this project for a while now and just want it to be very successful.

A quick thought on buying multiple copies. I definitely want everyone who wants a set to get a set, but there is also something to be said for those who are active in the forums and have shown interest early on. If 100 ends up being the final production count and there are 100 people signed up for an official pre-order on release day, then I would definitely limit it to 1 copy each (or make more :grin: ), but if the games are ready to ship and there are open spots for those willing to pay for extra sets, I say allow multiples. I can't speak for everyone, but I personally want 3 sets. Why three? One to open up and actually store in the games themselves. I have thought a lot about it and I think I'd prefer to have my Sears set be blessed with the full uniform treatment; restored to their intended greatness. I have plenty of games that I try to keep "original". These get upgraded! :grin: The second set would be one to keep factory sealed (or if they're not "sealed", I'll at least keep them minty). This is my collector set. The third set is just because I love these so much! I absolutely know that I'll be glad I bought them years from now. If I only buy one, I'll regret not buying more. It's not that I ever intend to profit from these. I actually have a hard time letting rare things go (even for monies). If anything, I'd consider trading the 3rd set for an equally rare item down the road (one of the games I'm missing, an Orphan Overlay set, who knows?). But that's not the plan. I currently intend on keeping anything that I purchase. I'm sure that most of the others that intend to buy other sets have similar intentions (keep them or at least keep them in the community). I'm the same way with my Homebrews. I have 2 copies of just about every homebrew game I have ever had the opportunity to buy (except for Deep Pockets..... :_( ). I keep one to play and one to collect.

Just my $0.02. In the end it's up to pboland :-D