IGNORED

Season 7 Round 5 - Donkey Kong

I asked a Twin Galaxies ref about the fast climb and was told it was legal since it was discovered by most people the very first day they played it. For veteran classic gamers it is no fun to not use it. If you reconsider this I would love to post a score.

I asked a Twin Galaxies ref about the fast climb and was told it was legal since it was discovered by most people the very first day they played it. For veteran classic gamers it is no fun to not use it. If you reconsider this I would love to post a score.

Okay guys - if Twin Galaxies allow it then I'm happy to change my mind unless there is consensus from players otherwise.

I have no problems with that...it's hard not to use it because I sometimes pause halfway up a ladder just to make sure where a barrel is going and then I'm screwed because it usually fast-climbs up the rest of the ladder.

Okay guys - if Twin Galaxies allow it then I'm happy to change my mind unless there is consensus from players otherwise.

I tend to think it is not a cheat or a bug, but rather a feature of the game as it is present in both the cartridge version and the Donkey Kong Super Game that was released for the ADAM.

Didn't know there was a cheat/bug in the game. Finally home tomorrow after a month away so can join in with this :)

Donkey Kong - 103,200

post-9212-0-03222900-1383011445_thumb.png

I totally forgot this version isn't capable of six digit scores...

I'm also noticing problems with the 24k version...the timer starts moving before you can move Mario and on the elevator screen if you try to jump from the platform on the left to the platform moving up, even if you hit dead center you fall through it.

Anyone else have these problems?

EDIT: Guess these bugs have been documented before, but I never recall seeing them. So the 24k version was the original that came with the ColecoVision? Was it later replaced with a bug free version? As an early CV owner, I just don't remember these problems.

Edited by jblenkle