IGNORED

abbuc sw contest games 2013 - high scores

Most of the games have now been publicly released - [Links Below]

see the main 8-bit forum for more details on each game :thumbsup:

Not part of the regular HSC season but I'll open a thead for anyone who wants to post their scores from this year's abbuc software contest games (screenshots optional) ;)

Links to the games:

X:8

Assembloids XE

Xirius Defect v1.1

Heli In the Caves: Extended Edition vAA

Slovenian Quiz

The Hunt

Deathchase XE

Dev War

Rolltris

Speedway One v2.2 v2.1

Edited by therealbountybob

Assembloids: 1,840

Battle Eagle: 25,594 (end of level 2)

DeathChase XE: 44,024

DeathChase XE: Sector 5

Dev War: 694

Heli In The Caves: 100... spent on speed power up!

Roll Tris:15,383

Speedway One 3 mins:

Speedway One 2 mins: 2.650

Speedway One 1 min: 1,404

The Hunt: 31

X8: 21,690

Xirius Defect: Level 9

post-19705-0-97990400-1382480389_thumb.jpg

post-19705-0-45977400-1382480391_thumb.jpg

post-19705-0-17716600-1382480393_thumb.jpg

post-19705-0-57812300-1382480394_thumb.jpg

post-19705-0-02361400-1382480396_thumb.jpg

post-19705-0-73824000-1382480397_thumb.jpg

post-19705-0-40589000-1382480399_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

@StefanD: We are still doing the updates that will include the diagonal shots working and the ball front shooting will be changed to vertical top and down smaller balls (similar as in Delta on C64) our ship so that you can destroy the grounds bullets and rays cannons.

Lately will also be an after Level8 bonus one with large creatures and ships but we can easily and want to change anything that you (or any other one here...) say that is harder or want to see other way.

Stefan because you are the first that said that end the game then send me a Message with your opinion and we will keep you informed and will send you our updates.

You just win yourself the prize of beeing our first and only one by now 'Official Tester' :) !

And I thought and said to Xuel that didn't believe anyone would get into the 'now ending'.

;)

Edited by José Pereira

About Rolltris... have not played it with joystick (only in emulator where it's mapped to keyboard ;) ), but I recommend to play it with keyboard on real HW ( IJKL and SHIFT keys).

I can not get used to the keys so close to each other. Why not AZ for up/down and JK for left/write?

Joystick works fine for me btw.

I would appreciate it very much, if there would also a 'regular tetris' version available in this fabulous looking engine. I love the colors, and I love the music very much. This version (rolltris) is superb; a regular tetris feature would be great... but if you are not going to create that, I will be still very happy with rolltris.

thanks

Prowizard

I can not get used to the keys so close to each other. Why not AZ for up/down and JK for left/write?

I chose IJKL as it's like arrow keys on PC keyboard. I think keyboard should be much better for controlling this game, faster and more accurate than joystick. And you have one hand free for Shift key.

Edited by MaPa

I haven't Abbuc 2013 games, so... No points this time.

This year and probably next ones i'll have problem with some money, so, 2014 edition is out for me too (probably) :(

This round was not for HSC points but I will add a table when we get a few more scores... lots of the games have been released [today] so checkout the main 8-bit forum for the downloads :)

p.s. the current HSC game is Missile Command if anyone wants to post a score you are more than welcome :thumbsup:

This round was not for HSC points but I will add a table when we get a few more scores... lots of the games have been released [today] so checkout the main 8-bit forum for the downloads :)

p.s. the current HSC game is Missile Command if anyone wants to post a score you are more than welcome :thumbsup:

Oooooh I might join. I really L O V E that game. It is one of my all time favorite Atari 8bit games ever. I used to play this one with my dad, although he preferred the 2600 version, I like the 8bit version better. Which is your favorite version? (The 2600 version feels a bit faster, but I'm so fond of my XL/XE computers, that I still love the 8bit version better).

post-14124-0-83358700-1383218410_thumb.png

starting to get sound glitches after 65535, then I reached 72010 and game stopped working. I was unable to place new part anywhere.

This is altirra state just before gameover, unfortunately impossible to continue...

assXX_altirrastate.zip

also title screen got scrambled, but when i load this state, emulator crashes...