IGNORED

Mario & Luigi Wii U bundle

Atariboy

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2013/10/mario_and_luigi_premium_wii_u_bundle_confirmed_for_north_american_release

For those of us not enchanted by Nintendoland or happy that Wind Waker HD is a mere download code, here's a new bundle. Works out well for me since I wanted both, they're not digital downloads, and they're both on the same disc.

About the only way they can screw this one up is if the disc comes in a cardboard sleeve like Wii pack-ins always did instead of the full retail case that Nintendoland had.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2013/10/mario_and_luigi_premium_wii_u_bundle_confirmed_for_north_american_release

For those of us not enchanted by Nintendoland or happy that Wind Waker HD is a mere download code, here's a new bundle. Works out well for me since I wanted both, they're not digital downloads, and they're both on the same disc.

About the only way they can screw this one up is if the disc comes in a cardboard sleeve like Wii pack-ins always did instead of the full retail case that Nintendoland had.

Wow, what a great step in the right direction! After the price drop, with this bundle and whatever upcoming new 3D Mario game is coming (and whatever else), the Wii U piques ones interest a bit more.

That business of cardboard sleeves with pack-in discs seems all-too-commonplace. I bought the PS3 Gran Turismo 5 bundle and was quite disappointed with its cardboard sleeve. GT5 is a cheap-ass game now anyway, but who wants a crummy cardboard sleeve? I think they do this to purposefully destroy the resale value of the game so you can't trade it in or sell it for squat, rather than a big savings for the manufacturer by not providing a plastic case that likely costs them mere pennies. Nice to hear Nintendo didn't do that with Nintendoland.

Bundle is definitely nice. too bad as I already own a Wii-U since launch. I have Super Mario Bros U on disc and downloaded the Luigi DLC back in June, but I just had to get the Luigi U on disc because of the sexy green case. It will remain sealed in my collection as a display piece. Then I hear of this, and the 2-in-1 pack has me drooling...

If only Nintendo had some third party support I'd probably be in.

I only had a Wii this past generation and feel burned. So many great games I didn't get to play. I get the feeling that's whats going to happen here too.

But there were also so many great games you had the opportunity to experience that weren't available to those that owned one of the other two platforms exclusively. You can really look at it both ways.

Looks like this bundle isn't a limited edition and this will be the standard Wii U product @ $299 starting November 1st. No more Nintendoland pack-in.

Two people that I know who had purchased a Zelda bundle to put under the Christmas tree are now returning it and buying this instead. Getting the Mario game and Luigi DLC is a much better value and you can buy Zelda WW on disc for less than NSMBU alone.

There is also going to be a Skylanders Swap Force/Nintendoland bundle in November for $299, however it is the white 8 gig console.

A white Wii U Basic system
A Skylanders SWAP Force starter pack that includes:
Skylanders SWAP Force Wii U software
A Portal of Power
Three Skylanders figures, including Ninja Stealth Elf (one of the Core Skylanders) and two SWAP Force characters: Blast-Zone and an exclusive color shift Washbuckler
A collector poster, trading cards and sticker sheets
A Nintendo Land game disc

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2013/10/nintendo_announces_skylanders_swap_force_wii_u_hardware_bundle

If you break it down though, that's $100+ worth of software included. Pretty good deal if you're into Skylanders.

Edited by xg4bx

But there were also so many great games you had the opportunity to experience that weren't available to those that owned one of the other two platforms exclusively. You can really look at it both ways.

I guess my biggest problem is that I like some sports titles that were either not supported or given a watered down Wii version. While I have enjoyed a few Mario titles, I still wish more games would have been made for all three consoles and not just the 360 and PS3.

Looks like this bundle isn't a limited edition and this will be the standard Wii U product @ $299 starting November 1st. No more Nintendoland pack-in.

Two people that I know who had purchased a Zelda bundle to put under the Christmas tree are now returning it and buying this instead. Getting the Mario game and Luigi DLC is a much better value and you can buy Zelda WW on disc for less than NSMBU alone.

Zelda bundle will be worth more later...would like to have the zelda controller.

I was looking at this bundle today while doing some shopping and admit that I'm interested in picking up a Wii U bundled like this.

Guilty pleasure would be picking up Lego City Undercover for the Wii U.... To me it's the killer app for the system.

Makes you wonder what will happen to sales when the PS4 and Xbox One are out. Perhaps a bit of patience will be worth it? Could there be another price drop in the new year?

They phased out that particular SKU but not white 8 gig Wii U's themselves. It's the system featured in the new Skylanders bundle with Nintendoland and a Wiimote.

But the plain 8 gig Wii U white bundle with no extras is a thing of the past.

Makes you wonder what will happen to sales when the PS4 and Xbox One are out. Perhaps a bit of patience will be worth it? Could there be another price drop in the new year?

Black Friday deals are in the realm of possibility. I think GameStop is running a good one that could net you the Mario & Luigi bundle with Zelda and Super Mario 3D World for $350.

But with Super Mario 3D World this Fall and Mario Kart 8 and Super Smash Brothers due during the opening few months of 2014, I wouldn't expect a price drop again anytime soon. If that doesn't keep consoles moving nothing will and you will be able to get one for a song relatively soon.

Edited by Atariboy

I was looking at this bundle today while doing some shopping and admit that I'm interested in picking up a Wii U bundled like this.

Guilty pleasure would be picking up Lego City Undercover for the Wii U.... To me it's the killer app for the system.

When ps4/xpos are nowhere to be found, i think the wii u will do fine.

• 1 month later...