IGNORED

Hover Bovver being released after all! The 'half cut' edition

Rev

I actually like the George Plimpton add, very funny, a great parody and I see no disrespect at all. Must be my sense of humour.

My issue is that he didn't need to tear down someone else's work (Groovybee's) to lift up his own. His voice effects sell themselves and there was no reason to insult someone to show that. The voice was professionally done, as is everything that William does. He doesn't need to jab at others to prove it.

I agree about the quality of the boxes and overlays:

Hover Bovver Box

My dilemma is this: William said (in one of these online forums) that the new game will either be released in a new box or with no box at all. If eventually released in a newer box with a manual and overlays, I'm looking at buying that CIB version if for no other reason than just to get the manual. If that's the case, though, then what's my real incentive for buying the half cut edition, other than to permanently have a half cut edition. I could see if you bought the half cut now and upgraded to a loose version of the updated game, but I doubt you could trade your half cut for a CIB, so unless William offers a $40 discount for trading your half cut in for CIB, I'm not really sure it's worth it. I definitely need more details before buying the half cut. I just don't want to end up with a giant pile of unorganized and mismatched HB stuff that I spend hundreds of dollars on and close to that in shipping due to buying it in parts. I'd gladly pay going rate for the CIB when/if it's released.

The voice was professionally done, as is everything that William does.

You mean everything except his whole behavior if people do not share his opinion. Just throwing in that he called everyone who did not demonized Groovy Bee sycophant, completely ignoring that most of this people bought all Elektronite releases so far. I wouldnt call that professional and sorry, but I also think its wrong to forget this fact so quickly just because he prints nice boxes.

@Jason, I think Elektronite would be fair in letting you trade it in, they always have been.......but I am not speaking for them, because I certainly don't know that for sure. I think the demo cart will be a nice collectible to have, and if I don't want it after a period of time, then I will sell it......

@Ignorama, I just think we need to let all this crap go and enjoy collecting and playing games. Who are WE to decide how a product SHOULD be sold or when and at what price. Either buy it or don't........We all are here justtrying to have fun.....and I am not pointing a finger at you directly, or anyone, just responding to the current thread...

@Jason, I think Elektronite would be fair in letting you trade it in, they always have been.......but I am not speaking for them, because I certainly don't know that for sure. I think the demo cart will be a nice collectible to have, and if I don't want it after a period of time, then I will sell it......

@Ignorama, I just think we need to let all this crap go and enjoy collecting and playing games. Who are WE to decide how a product SHOULD be sold or when and at what price. Either buy it or don't........We all are here justtrying to have fun.....and I am not pointing a finger at you directly, or anyone, just responding to the current thread...

We are the people buying the product. More than that, we are the people who support a certain set of behaviors from our vendors.

Just trying to get the thread back on track and reminding people, "hey, it's just a game"........let the crap end....

The game is cool! I say we all stop reacting and give Elektronite another chance when they have an official press release. I don't like the choices of ignoring bad behavior or taking a side right now. Not in the spirit of having fun as you say.

Can this be closed before we repeat ourselves? :)

It's like riding a bus with an advertisement that your current driver sucks but buy a half mile with him anyway. Doesn't inspire confidence in the service or how you'll be treated as an employee.

I don't get that at all. You are buying the new redeveloped version with your $40. To use your bus analogy, Half Cut is more of a "reservation" to ride the NEW bus. But to get to the new bus, you have to ride on a partially assembled and barely functional old bus to the depot in order to board the new bus. And the fare you paid to ride the old bus gets you a free ride in the new bus.

I'm not "taking a side", just supporting a company that has put out quality games. I TRULY have nothing against anyone on AA, I just want to see quality CIB game come out for the Intellivision, that is MY personal opinion.....like we all have...Elektronite has been producing some excellent games and are coming out with more, as far as I've read. The reason I don't comment on GroovyBee is that I just don't know much about his Intellivision games....not that I "dislike" him or anything....Hope that all makes sense...

• Like 1

My issue is that he didn't need to tear down someone else's work (Groovybee's) to lift up his own. His voice effects sell themselves and there was no reason to insult someone to show that. The voice was professionally done, as is everything that William does. He doesn't need to jab at others to prove it.

I didn't see a jab. I saw a comparison. Since Groovy stands behind his samples as finished, why is it an insult to compare them?

Is there a saying: there is no such thing as bad press!

Im sure all this talk on the different forums and different site is getting the word out a little more. Who knows.

Fully agreed. Which is why I called for a reboot before more people see the blackmail messages. Whether you take sides or not you don't want that kind of bad press. We'll have a better chance of hitting the Hover Bovver 2.0 mark with a clean press release. Let's end this topic :)

Let's talk about Bacon shall we? We need Benny with some......wait a second....I don't think he has yet created a Bea Arthur and Shatner mash up has he?!?! Do it Benny, do it!

As for this half cut thing, of course I'll buy a couple, but then I'm an idiot so whaddya gonna do? :)

I ordered the box and now the Half Cut edition when the game comes out I will keep my Half Cut edition. I hope there is a new box and manual for the new edition which I hope dose get funded with enough people buying the Half Cut.

You know I just got that Half Cut :) :) :)

I agree about the quality of the boxes and overlays:

My dilemma is this: William said (in one of these online forums) that the new game will either be released in a new box or with no box at all. If eventually released in a newer box with a manual and overlays, I'm looking at buying that CIB version if for no other reason than just to get the manual. If that's the case, though, then what's my real incentive for buying the half cut edition, other than to permanently have a half cut edition. I could see if you bought the half cut now and upgraded to a loose version of the updated game, but I doubt you could trade your half cut for a CIB, so unless William offers a $40 discount for trading your half cut in for CIB, I'm not really sure it's worth it. I definitely need more details before buying the half cut. I just don't want to end up with a giant pile of unorganized and mismatched HB stuff that I spend hundreds of dollars on and close to that in shipping due to buying it in parts. I'd gladly pay going rate for the CIB when/if it's released.

Jason,

When the new version is ready, a PDF manual will be available for download for personal printing, or you will be able to buy a manual for a small fee. Probably 5 bucks shipped.

The new box may or may not be released. It really depends if the original box sets sell out or not. I won't reprint until then, and if I do, it will be based on demand. Klay, Elektronite's resident artist is making a few changes to the Hover Bovver art. I should have the proposed new art to show soon. The original print boxes will be rare, and worth picking up if you are into collecting, or if you want to have some sort of box for the completed game if it should be completed and new boxes not printed.

There is more of a reason to pick up a 'half cut' other than to keep it. I expect that quite a few collectors will keep it, but I am serious about the purpose behind the release, which is to finance the development of the new version. If not enough people support the effort, I have no problem issuing a 40 dollar credit toward the purchase of Elektronite product as a form of refund.

I regret that people will have to put the game together piecemeal, but there are a lot of things I regret about this whole game, such as starting it. I am sorry if some people are upset at the tone of the campaign or the fact that I am selling empty boxes in a set for 40 dollars, but keep in mind that I am not too happy how this all went down. I am trying to recover 6000 dollars in printing and programming, AND finance a redevelopment of the game at the same time. Please try and cut me some slack, and decide if you want the game or not and base your buying decision on that, not on whether I am ticked off, and created an advertisement you don't like, or call the '2 working levels' substandard. Judge for yourself. The Half cut Edition is a good buy, for the Match 5 demo, the interesting voice samples and the clever menu.....NOT for the 'milestone' rom.

My response in this thread is not an open invitation to debate me on this issue. I hope that it explains my position. I'd rather people just decide for themselves if they want the game redeveloped or not. I'd like to let the rest of the crap die. If you really want to discuss anything I've said, you are welcome to email me at gamesforyourintellivision@hotmail.com

• Like 2

Jason,

When the new version is ready, a PDF manual will be available for download for personal printing, or you will be able to buy a manual for a small fee. Probably 5 bucks shipped.

The new box may or may not be released. It really depends if the original box sets sell out or not. I won't reprint until then, and if I do, it will be based on demand. Klay, Elektronite's resident artist is making a few changes to the Hover Bovver art. I should have the proposed new art to show soon. The original print boxes will be rare, and worth picking up if you are into collecting, or if you want to have some sort of box for the completed game if it should be completed and new boxes not printed.

There is more of a reason to pick up a 'half cut' other than to keep it. I expect that quite a few collectors will keep it, but I am serious about the purpose behind the release, which is to finance the development of the new version. If not enough people support the effort, I have no problem issuing a 40 dollar credit toward the purchase of Elektronite product as a form of refund.

I regret that people will have to put the game together piecemeal, but there are a lot of things I regret about this whole game, such as starting it. I am sorry if some people are upset at the tone of the campaign or the fact that I am selling empty boxes in a set for 40 dollars, but keep in mind that I am not too happy how this all went down. I am trying to recover 6000 dollars in printing and programming, AND finance a redevelopment of the game at the same time. Please try and cut me some slack, and decide if you want the game or not and base your buying decision on that, not on whether I am ticked off, and created an advertisement you don't like, or call the '2 working levels' substandard. Judge for yourself. The Half cut Edition is a good buy, for the Match 5 demo, the interesting voice samples and the clever menu.....NOT for the 'milestone' rom.

My response in this thread is not an open invitation to debate me on this issue. I hope that it explains my position. I'd rather people just decide for themselves if they want the game redeveloped or not. I'd like to let the rest of the crap die. If you really want to discuss anything I've said, you are welcome to email me at gamesforyourintellivision@hotmail.com

Hey William,

Thanks for the info. That's pretty much what I was looking for; just some details, so this helps my decision. I'll prob pick up the Half Cut (maybe two) soon. $5 is fair for a manual, although if never released printed, I'd be fine printing my own (My work has a nice color printer). As far as boxes go, I'm actually fine with either old or new. It seems I have some options. If a full CIB is eventually released, I'll likely keep one half cut and store it in one of my orig boxes (and add manual later). If it's OK, I'll prob trade the other one in for credit towards the updated CIB release (or credit toward a later release if the project doesn't get enough support). Thanks again for the additional details and good luck with the project!