IGNORED

PC Game Deals

JamesD

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Lots of really shooting games on Steam on sale right now: Game Tengoku, Deathsmiles, Mushihimesame, Mushihimesama V1.5, DDP Resurrection, R-Type Dimensions EX, Ikaruga, Caladrius Blaze, and Dariusburst Chronicle Saviours are all on sale right now.

I got Game Tengoku and its DLC and it's okay, I guess. Probably should have gotten Mushihimesama or DDP instead.

• Like 1

Bundle for Ukraine, including over a thousand games (of the tabletop and virtual variety) Itch.io. $10 donation and it's all yours:

https://itch.io/b/1316/bundle-for-ukraine

Edit: For anyone not familiar with Itch.io the bundle above for all those games (34 pages of downloads)...is for full downloadable games. No keys, no clients required. If you want a client you can use Steam, GOG or Playnite etc and add the games there. Obviously a ton of work.

Edited by cimerians
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, cimerians said:

Bundle for Ukraine, including over a thousand games (of the tabletop and virtual variety) Itch.io. $10 donation and it's all yours:

Edit: For anyone not familiar with Itch.io the bundle above for all those games (34 pages of downloads)...is for full downloadable games. No keys, no clients required. If you want a client you can use Steam, GOG or Playnite etc and add the games there. Obviously a ton of work.

Was wondering if they would do this.  I got the Covid one and really haven't even scratched the surface.  I wonder if there is a lot of overlap?

Edit - the other bundle was called the "Bundle for Racial Justice and Equality."  There probably is a lot of overlap, but I've got both now because . . . charity.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Tanooki said:

It's already at 106% of hoped for (1M = 100%) and I'm curious if we keep a notice on this to follow up we can see where it ends up in the end.

6500 in games for $10 or more.  It's overkill, but it's not about the handhout.

As a comparison, the Bundle for Racial Justice and Equality raised over 8M.  I wouldn't have guessed this, but perhaps itch.io is mainly a thing in the USA?  Else I would expect this Ukraine one to be higher.  Another factor is that the last one was smack dab in the "early" part of the pandemic when people were still all sitting at home looking for stuff to do.

27 minutes ago, wongojack said:

As a comparison, the Bundle for Racial Justice and Equality raised over 8M.  I wouldn't have guessed this, but perhaps itch.io is mainly a thing in the USA?  Else I would expect this Ukraine one to be higher.  Another factor is that the last one was smack dab in the "early" part of the pandemic when people were still all sitting at home looking for stuff to do.

I totally forgot I got that one too, I probably have a million games waiting there to download now lol, have no idea if itch.io is international but yeah tons of people were home at the time. At 119% now...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DragonGrafx-16 said:

The last few itch.io games I bought were C64 homebrews.

Yeah, I have some of those too.  Neither of these bundles includes games for classic systems.  At least they aren't selectable in the drop down on the bundle welcome page.

Thanks, gave a little extra for a good cause.

Someone came out with a guide for the racial justice pack, listing what they considered the best games. That was very helpful. I hope someone does that for this huge pack, but charity money well spent regardless...

I wonder if there are any games relevant to resisting wrongful invasion, or sliding into totalitarianism ... 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, wongojack said:

Yeah, I have some of those too.  Neither of these bundles includes games for classic systems.  At least they aren't selectable in the drop down on the bundle welcome page.

The games were Zeta Wing and Neutron... both shmups. Though Neutron is PAL only but works on NTSC C64s and I prefer the faster speed. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, DragonGrafx-16 said:

The games were Zeta Wing and Neutron... both shmups. Though Neutron is PAL only but works on NTSC C64s and I prefer the faster speed. 

Cool!  I have played Santron which was free, and I believe a Christmas themed version of Neutron.  Could be a glorified demo though.   I didn't play it long.

3 hours ago, DragonGrafx-16 said:

There's quite a lot of stuff that I have no interest in and that I would be embarrassed to have in my collection in the previous charity bundle and this one....

Wow, curious as to what could possibly be so bad that you'd be embarrassed to have it in a digital library as the result of a bundle deal... 

1 hour ago, doug0909 said:

Wow, curious as to what could possibly be so bad that you'd be embarrassed to have it in a digital library as the result of a bundle deal... 

I know on itch.io you don't have to add them to a library that is publicly viewable... but you've never had a friend or family member see what you are playing? I have a sibling on my Steam friends list, for example. 

On 3/8/2022 at 8:17 AM, cimerians said:

I've been really enjoying this, although there is a lot to weed through.  Ynglet and Antecrypt have been highlights so far.  I haven't played many indie games, so this has been fun.

• Like 2

Mirror's Edge Catalyst is 90% off on Steam right now. 200 yen for me, so probably $2 USD or equivalent elsewhere. I already have it on Origin, but it's a good game.

13 hours ago, Tanooki said:

That's the best discount that has hit so far if I remember right.  I was surprised though to see that retail at best buy who is a LRG partner, they still sell both box sets for the game if you want all the fluff.

Definitely get it now while it's super cheap if you want it and don't have it already. It's so good. Playing it did make it quite apparent that some of the missions, specifically the no-base missions, are pretty much garbage, but otherwise...

Edited by Steven Pendleton