IGNORED

Battle Eagle - 8th place Abbuc SW Contest 2013

TMR

I really -seriously- think that people with a buggy GTIA 'should' swap it with a good one. One can not blame an author of using GTIA modes, since there are atari's that can't handle those modes right.

I did not see a problem with the graphics on my PAL 800XL.

I have no clue what you are talking about, so please explain.

The boss battles are quite focused, on the earlier ones it won't fire down the far left or right edges so you can just sit there safely whilst the core spews bullets; that'd be a good time to get an image of the in-game graphics since they won't be scrolling.

But we're not sure yet, if it is the GR.9 bug.

Apparently it will be affected on those machines so i'll update the manual in the official archive and the Cosine website at some point this evening/tomorrow morning to mention it. i wish someone'd told me there was an issue previously though, this is literally the first i've heard of it and i've been talking about Battle Eagle and how it works to other Atari coders for over a year!

Another thing that may is responsible for some kind of 'strange' look could be the monitor. The FBAS digitizer of my LCD TV produce some quite 'interesting' artifacts, esp. in Assembloids XE (looks like some kind of small chess pattern), while on my old fashioned ray TV everything looks good. What is your output device?

I have been playing this game a while now, and I am starting to get it... I must say, it is nicer than I thought at first. It's already written, first level is rather a hard start, although now I get it, i can play this level without losing a player. The most important trick is, try to play as much as possible at the top of the playfield. This gives you a lot of movement-space.

When it comes to the end of the level, level 1 is certainly the easiest.

Just like in Callisto I think it would be nice be able to continue in the level were you died. Now I need to restart all over again, everytime.

Good jobsJason. Look much better than expected on my real CRT (typically emulators let the GITA stuff look a bit better than it is). Also the movement of the enemies is much smoother than expected. Pitty there's no in-game music. And yes, the end bosses are really, really tough. One option to continue (with score 0) would make the game fairer.