Albert

Nice, though something seems off with the perspective...

Ah - think I figured out what's up.

Look at the ship by itself - it appears to be flying out of the cartridge. As such, the shots from the nose of the ship appear to be flying out of the cartridge.

Now look at the Star Castle, and specifically how the blue shots overlap it. This makes it look like ship's shots are flying into the cartridge.

So the shots are both outward and inward at the same time. Rather like an M. C. Escher image.

• Like 1

Nice, though something seems off with the perspective...

Ah - think I figured out what's up.

Look at the ship by itself - it appears to be flying out of the cartridge. As such, the shots from the nose of the ship appear to be flying out of the cartridge.

Now look at the Star Castle, and specifically how the blue shots overlap it. This makes it look like ship's shots are flying into the cartridge.

So the shots are both outward and inward at the same time. Rather like an M. C. Escher image.

Yes, the image really is the main ship flying upward and to the right dodging the shots as the enemy shots are still shooting with in the confinments of the circle and the openening.

I've just posted the entries I've received to the contest page. You can view them here:

http://atariage.com/features/contests/StarCastle/#submissions

Click on any of the images to see a larger view. You can scroll through them using the arrow keys (or by hovering over the image and clicking the left and right arrows that appear).

..Al

• Like 1

I've just posted the entries I've received to the contest page. You can view them here:

http://atariage.com/features/contests/StarCastle/#submissions

Click on any of the images to see a larger view. You can scroll through them using the arrow keys (or by hovering over the image and clicking the left and right arrows that appear).

..Al

Hey Al,

Just wanted to let you know that i just submitted another label for the contest. Let me know when you get it. Thanks

I just wanted to chime in with a couple of comments. Star Castle is one of my all time favorites. As I am turn 50 this week, I have pretty much experienced the whole of Video Games. I have a working Star Castle arcade machine and it is one of the few that will not be sold as long as I can still stand and play it.

What I really want to say is, 1) Kudos to everyone involved in creating this game for the 2600. It is amazing and I can't wait to get a copy. Thank you very much for all the hard work. and 2) All of you folks that created entries for the label contests (this one and previous ones) are really incredible.

Every time there is a label contest It is a lot of fun looking over all the entries.

All in all, there are a lot of talented people hanging around and active on this site.

• Like 4

I posted a slew of new Star Castle Label Contest entries yesterday! Here's a link directly to the submissions so you can take a look at them all:

Star Castle Label Contest: Submissions

I've also extended the contest another week to give people an opportunity to submit an entry (or entries) if they haven't yet, but simply ran out of time or have been busy. The contest now ends at 11:59pm this coming Sunday, November 24th.

Good luck!

..al

• Like 2

For me its all about Tom kerese and Jordi Kabo's designs, I think they both capture the atari style perfectly, They retain the design but look totally fresh.great job guys.

I looked through all of them and totally agree. There are many great submissions but these two stood out for me. If I had to pick I might lean towards Tom's but Jordi's is also top notch! :thumbsup:

I love seeing all the ideas these contests bring out.

Corey Kramer#1, I've always been a sucker for the clean, vector look. Very reminiscent of old school screen printing you might have seen on the game cabinets.

Kathleen Williams#1, love the idea of giving a personality to and making characters of all the game players. Well done!

Leonardo Pereira#1, very clean and modern. It looks like a control panel onboard the Enterprise.

Rob Kelly#1, fantastic! Again, I love the idea of adding personalities to the game. This is a very unique take on the game. Love it!

Jordi Cabo#1, I think this may be my favorite. Many times I've strived to achieve that painted look in my illustrations but I seem to always fall back on vector or 3D to help me out. Love the look of this one. Is it all Photoshop or ?