IGNORED

PS4 complete FAQ

cimerians

Thanks for posting that link. I'm probably a ps4 buyer, but probably not for a year or two as none of the games at launch or on the horizon interest me. What does interest me is this section:

Will PS3 peripherals such as fighting sticks and steering wheels work with PS4?

Generally speaking, no. However, at launch, users will be able to use these controllers if a specific game title allows it to be used within the game. This decision is upon the game developer and will vary from game to game.

We'll just see how this shakes out to see if I'm a customer or not. I'd imagine that I'm probably fine here--that's largely how ps3 handled wheels and there's no way GT is going to go back to handheld controllers. I've got about $250 in wheel and another $150 in stand for it, so it tends to rule my console decisions.

Xbone is worse, however. Strong rumors are that the folks who spent $350+ on special 360-compatible usb wheels are out of luck.

That would be terrible PR, since they likely still work on ps4

Edited by Reaperman

I saw that too...I have a flight stick so I'm curious to see what happens.

Most of the FAQ sounded like marketing drivel to me but at least it pointed out some things that I was curious about like replacing the hard drive.

I'm not spending much money on games with this machine. Not nearly like I did last time. Basically PS Plus will be my main way to get games and then when exclusives come out I'll wait and buy them or wait a year and get them on PS plus for free or discounted. I'll end up buying most AAA games on Steam.

If Birds of Steel and Birds of Prey see a sequel or something similar that leans towards the realism side comes out, I hope it supports my Saitek X-52 like the Playstation 3 did. Not a prayer of it happening over on the Xbox One.

I suspect PS3 wheel users are safe since developers aren't gaining anything by ignoring users of older Logitects and Fanatecs and the such. But I hate that PS3 arcade stick support needs to be specially programmed in by the game developer. I'm glad support is an option but I don't see why it just can't work by default for any PS4 game that supports digital controllers.

This way, we're guaranteed of getting some PS4 games that would play well with a PS3 arcade stick that simply just wasn't programmed to work with it and won't work.

Kind of strange it doesn't support audio CDs, but then again neither does the Wii or WiiU.

Even if they weren't pushing their music subscription service, this saves them a licensing fee.

Sadly, it's probably a smart move on Sony's part. Had support been there, I presume that a large percentage of PS4's would have never utilized it and a fair share of the rest would have utilized it just a handful of times.

The lack of MP3 support on the other hand is something I don't think their customers are going to care for. I suspect Sony will be changing that restriction down the road.

Edited by Atariboy

• 3 weeks later...