IGNORED

Altirra 2.40 Final out..

Mclaneinc

I'm curious... does Altirra Basic create files that are ATARI BASIC compatible?

(I know CONT doesn't exist).

Sample Program:

10 POKE 20,0

20 FOR I=0 TO 1000:NEXT I

30 ? PEEK(20)

40 CONT

That's a good point. I tested it on a very simple program with the CONT statement in Altirra BASIC, Saved it, and it Loaded OK in Atari BASIC with the CONT statement intact. So, Altirra BASIC seems to Save Atari BASIC compatible files.

For the ST - EmuTOS.

Maybe someday other classic-architecture emulators than PC, ST and 800 emus will have fully functional firmware replacements.

I wrote part of one for the Apple ][, minus the BASIC. Attach Applesoft to it, though, and it works surprisingly well for how poorly coded it is.

I tested it on a very simple program with the CONT statement in Altirra BASIC, Saved it, and it Loaded OK in Atari BASIC with the CONT statement intact. So, Altirra BASIC seems to Save Atari BASIC compatible files.

Yes, Altirra BASIC is save-compatible with Atari BASIC. Not a lot of work to support this after making it load-compatible.

Regarding CONT -- ATBasic throws an error on executing it, but it knows how to parse and LIST it. Which is actually a compatibility bug, btw, since CONT is defined to be a no-op in deferred execution mode.

I used the LIST command to list a medium size BASIC program in Altirra 2.40 and I can pause / unpause the scrolling by using CTRL-1. But, when I used CTRL-Break to exit the listing, Altirra would just freeze until I press the F5 (Warm Reset) key.

I tried to do the same thing in Atari800Win PLus 4.1 and everything worked as expected.

Has anyone else seen this issue? Thanks.

But, when I used CTRL-Break to exit the listing, Altirra would just freeze until I press the F5 (Warm Reset) key.

Makes sense, Ctrl-Break is a system break and opens the debugger. If you want to press the equivalent of the Atari Break key just press Break.

Makes sense, Ctrl-Break is a system break and opens the debugger. If you want to press the equivalent of the Atari Break key just press Break.

That was one of the first things I tried. The Break key by itself is not doing anything. The closest thing I found to Break is F7 which also gives me an Error 128.

I used the LIST command to list a medium size BASIC program in Altirra 2.40 and I can pause / unpause the scrolling by using CTRL-1. But, when I used CTRL-Break to exit the listing, Altirra would just freeze until I press the F5 (Warm Reset) key.

Update: F8 and F9 would continue the listing. Therefore, Altirra did not freeze but rather was in Pause mode.

One another annoying thing. When the Memory window points to non-zero bank it does not refresh automatically. I have to change the address and change it back to refresh the view. If automatic refreshing is hard, some facility (context menu entry or a button) to refresh the view should be enough.

EDIT:

cant edit previous post, but it seems that the problem in console view is broader:

(2441:232, 21) C=0008 X=0001 Y=000F S=01EF P=25 ( M I C) 02:8C06: BC 00 88 LDY $8800,X [$02:8801] = $0000
(2441:232, 28) C=0008 X=0001 Y=0410 S=01EF P=25 ( M I C) 02:8C09: C2 20 REP #$20

Look at the reported content of the memory and at the value actually loaded to Y register.

Edited by laoo

Sorry if this was mentioned somewhere already, but when I close Altirra, my internet connection is reset, in rare cases the connection is lost until I reset my system. Can I do something to prevent this? If not, can we please have a setting to prevent using the network at all? Thanks!

(Really love Altirra!!)

CONT no longer throws an error in deferred mode, and fixed the reported 65C816 bank >0 memory issues:

http://www.virtualdub.org/beta/Altirra-2.50-test22.zip

http://www.virtualdub.org/beta/Altirra-2.50-test22-src.zip

Regarding the network issue, that's very strange as Altirra only loads the networking DLL and doesn't actually do anything on the network unless that feature is enabled. Do you by any chance have third party firewall or antivirus-based network monitoring software enabled? These have been known to do some pretty weird things to network-enabled applications.

• Like 1

Tried editing a BASIC listing and the arrow keys are not moving the cursor around in Altirra. I tried it in Atari800Win PLus 4.1 and the arrow keys work fine.

I'm getting the same issue with the Action! editor. It seems like the arrow keys are not working. Can someone please confirm that this is an Altirra issue and it's not just my setup? Thanks.

I'm getting the same issue with the Action! editor. It seems like the arrow keys are not working. Can someone please confirm that this is an Altirra issue and it's not just my setup? Thanks.

Have a look at Input->Keyboard->Arrow Key Mode. Also check whether "cooked" or "RAW" keystrokes are being sent.

Do the following:

• Detach all external cartridges
  • Go to System->Firmware->ROM Images and attach ULTIMATE.ROM to the Ultimate slot.
  • Go to System->Hard Disk and enable SIDE2
  • Go to System->Memory Size and enable Ultimate 1MB

Now you should be able to Help+Reset into the BIOS, and enable "SIDE hardware".

BTW: Help is on F6. See the keyboard map in the Altirra help file.

Edited by flashjazzcat
  • Like 1

Pre-formatting of newly created SDFS ATRs might be off somehow: after adding files in the emulated machine, Disk Explorer claimed the file system was corrupt when it opened the ATR, and kept it read-only. Formatting the new ATR first using the Sparta formatter seems to circumvent this problem.

BTW: I take it there's no way to add content to SDFS ATRs in disk explorer?

Edited by flashjazzcat