IGNORED

Atari Force Comics...Relevant?

Ok, I saw a slew of Atari Force comics today in the quarter bin at a local comic shop. I was going to pick them up, but I thumbed through them and didn't really see ANY that even REMOTELY was related to Atari.

Do the comics have ANY relevance to the VCS I love so dear?

Four color Stan :)

Other than them being included in a few games, you are right, not much there...lol.

For a quarter I'd probably take them...if you want to go back and get them I will work out a trade with you or send you the money to purchase them for me, I have #4 already...so any but that one I'll take.

Let me know if you want to do something...

Mock

but I'm still missing a couple of the pack-ins and the "Star Raiders" graphic novel.

Not to brag, but not only do I have the Star Raiders Graphic Novel, I have it in German! (thanks jahfish!) :D :D :D

I'll go back and see what they have. Mind you these are not in MINT condition, they have been read. :)

Thanks!

Hey!

I have "exrta" Atari Force comic books from VCS Atari.

#1-Atari Force (Defender)

#2-Atari Force (Berzerk)

#3-Atari Force (Star Raiders)

Anyone of you interesting to get these?

Just sent me PM or post here, whatever you want.

Thanks

Jason

Stan, are these the comic books included with the carts?

I thought back in the early 80's DC Comics was going to do an actual Atari Force comic book series. I only remember seeing a "coming soon" ad and I don't know if they ever produced any.

Does anyone know?

Here's a good place to learn about the "Atari Force" comics.

Atari Force Headquarters.

5 mini-comics, 20 regular issues, 1 Special and the aforementioned "Star Raiders" graphic novel. (Plus occasional guest appearances by "Hukka" here and there. Keith Giffen loved torturing that poor guy.)

I still like the Atari Force comics, even if they have little to do with the games they came with. Both teams had excellent lineups, but with the latter group we got more diversity through alien characters like Babe, Pakrat, Hukka, Morphea, and Taz (whose gender identity was a real big surprise!), and through an additional human character who had no connection to the original Atari Force team (Blackjak). I just found it interesting that I bought the last issue of the original Atari Force series (the Galaxian issue) at the same time I bought issue #13 of the second series, where the Dark Destroyer reveals not only how he survived death (again), but also how he managed to make himself into the likeness of his adversary Martin Champion. It makes me think of the Reign Of The Supermen story arc in the Superman comics, where Hank Henshaw, a scientist who became an energy being who can manipulate technology to his likening, returns to Earth in the guise of a "cyborg Superman" in order to ruin Superman's name throughout the universe due to the Man of Steel's temporary absence through death. Anyway, the Dark Destroyer returning in the guise of a duplicate Martin Champion sure gave enough of an excuse for the real Martin to give his impostor a well-deserved beating for sucking the life out of his wife Lydia Perez.