IGNORED

Witch and the Hundred Knights?

moycon

Has anyone heard of this game?

It's comes out on the PS3 soon and is only $20 new on Amazon right now.

It's an RPG and looks right up my alley based on the screenshots. It's from the team that made Disgaea which I have heard of before, I have Disgaea 3 on PS3, but to date have yet to play it.

Just curious if anyone has heard of this? $20 new is hard to pass up if it's any good! I think the price might be a temporary one though, so if interested I would pre-order ASAP. Target has it listed at $19.99 but many people said they often have mistakes when listing titles and don't honor the pre-orders if they are wrong they just cancel it.Still, someone submitted it to Amazon, and Amazon lowered the price to match. Amazon usually does honor their prices, I have a feeling it won't stay that way long.

More info....

http://www.amazon.com/The-Witch-Hundred-Knights-Playstation-3/dp/B007PNBU0Y/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1383848400&sr=8-1

Players can choose whether they want to save the innocent or take part in looting and pillaging. On the quest to defeat the Forest Witch and restore peace and stability, be as good and virtuous or brutal and evil as you wish!

As players progress through this colorful, accessible isometric action RPG, they'll come across an assortment of NPCs that can react differently to the player based on the decisions and actions taken. Being good or bad has real consequences!

From the team responsible for Disgaea (including lead designer Takehito Harada), The Witch and the Hundred Knights is a laugh-out-loud fantasy adventure full of mischievous characters and exciting environments.

This game was first announced quite a while ago, but then it got hit with a huge delay. In fact, I'd thought it was still in development even now, but it seems it was, in fact, released this summer in Japan. The delay was still very long, though, as it was originally planned to be out at the beginning of last year.

Anyway, a few days ago, NIS America put up this poll for people to vote on what images will be on the inside face of the cover inlay. I was confused by their wording at first, but I think this is what's up: the front and back covers visible in an unopened copy of the game are already chosen, by NIS America themselves, and what you're voting on here are the front and back covers of the reverse side of the inlay--the top pick image will be the reverse's front cover, and the runner-up will be the reverse's back cover.

Personally, I'd like to see choice #3 as the reverse's front cover, with choice #4 (those little things look a little like Patapons!) as the reverse's back cover.

An interesting detail to glean from this poll: the official English title is The Witch and the Hundred Knight, not The Witch and the Hundred Knights. I wonder why that is.

onmode-ky

• 3 weeks later...

I use to buy NIS games all the time whenever I saw them available, until they started becoming pretty big DLC whores. :P Now I just wait til it's released and check the back of the box to determine if I'll give it a chance. They occationally release a game without any DLC, although I find it's rare. I was starting to preorder their collectors editions directly from them just before it started with Hyperdimension Neptunia.

For fun, here's the DLC costs for the 3 HDN games - most of it's either extra costumes, extra missions, stat boosts, bonus money, extra characters (That half the time seem to be in the game from the get go but refuse to join battles unless you pay up.) etc. All things that use to be in these types of games as free bonuses to unlock.

HDN 1: $97.26

HDN mk2: $71.50

HDNV: $142.14

That's on top of buying the game itself, and doesn't include out of game purchases like avatars and themes.

I'll wait on witches to see what the box says, but if it's clear of this nickle and diming I'm likely going to pick it up as well.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

NIS America now has the limited edition of this game up for preorder at their online store, and WOW, it's a whopping $75. Their price for the standard edition (also now up for preorder there) is $50, unlike the $40 that was at Amazon.com until recently (and definitely unlike the $20 mistake noted earlier in this thread). I guess the Nendoroid Petite figure accounts for most of the price spike on the limited edition.

onmode-ky

NIS America now has the limited edition of this game up for preorder at their online store, and WOW, it's a whopping $75. Their price for the standard edition (also now up for preorder there) is $50, unlike the $40 that was at Amazon.com until recently (and definitely unlike the $20 mistake noted earlier in this thread). I guess the Nendoroid Petite figure accounts for most of the price spike on the limited edition.

onmode-ky

Wow...these go for big bucks on Ebay later on. But I don't know if I want to do this.

Very cool! I love collectors editions! My $20 pre-order appears to still be honored. They sent me an email about it a few days ago, basically saying it still hasn't been released yet.

Did the e-mail include the price? If not, you might want to log in and check your order details to verify. Also, I'm not sure if you got confused by my post, but just in case, what was getting listed as $20 was the standard edition. The limited edition I posted about above is an NIS America Online Store exclusive.

In NISA's most recent e-mail newsletters ("Prinny Bomb" mails, like this one), the little preorder ad for The Witch and the Hundred Knight has the following caption:

Hundred Knight, I feel bad for you, son.

You got 99 problems and that Witch is one!

I don't like that song, but I thought the caption was very funny and clever. :)

onmode-ky

Very cool! I love collectors editions! My $20 pre-order appears to still be honored. They sent me an email about it a few days ago, basically saying it still hasn't been released yet.

I don't think it'll ship til March or April. NIS's preorder period seems to last til then anyway. I'm debating whether to pick up the limited edition or not. NIS is horrible on the DLC nickle and diming most of the time... At least the limited edition does have enough physical bonuses to warrant the price more or less. (In addition to the figurine there will also be an art book and a 2-disc soundtrack)

I'm going to think about it over christmas and january at any rate.