IGNORED

The MOUSE TRAP High Score Competition has STARTED! Nov. 10-30 2013

Rev

I don't want to make things difficult and am fine either way. With Holidays I won't get even 1-game in before 11/30 but that's ok if majority want to end. There would be no reason for the likes of Jason to continue playing as I presume 138 Million should grab a top-5 prize:-)

Puleease, the scoreboard only goes up to 99,999,999 ;-)

Congratulations Jason! That was a fine win.

Of course, I didn't get to play this time, so you were completely unchallenged. I could have kicked your butt... yeah... really...

:lol:

Just kidding! I suck at this game. Congrats, man!

For anyone interested (and until Rev fixes the screenshot on the Leader board), here is my final screenshot:

Mouse Trap 20,000,800

Thanks again to Rev for working so hard on the Mouse Trap reissue, the competition, and the prizes. Thanks to Scalpel for inspiring me to keep playing after reaching 4 million for fear that he would soon master the game and beat my score ;-) Great score at well over 4 million! Also, thanks to everyone who actually played the game and submitted a score. I was afraid for a while there that no one was playing. These are always more fun when lots of people play.
Stats:
You probably don't want to be bored with stats and calculations, so.....here are some stats and calculations:
On average, I scored around 20,000 points per map. Each map took an average of 1 to 1.5 minutes to clear. Therefore, in scoring 20,000,000 points....
1,000 maps = the approximate number of maps that I had to clear
16-24 hours = the approximate number of direct hours I spent playing the game
16 days = the total number of days I spent playing a single game (playing around 1-2 hours every night). Never turned off my Intellivision the entire time :-o
I had fun, but I'm glad that it's over. Time to start playing Carol vs. Ghost! Those patches aren't going to win themselves :D

• Like 2

Hi Jason Congrats on fine win. I noticed incorrect original original screen shot but never doubted your score:-) I only got to play on last day of competition for a couple of hours and was glad to have played - I actually liked the game more than I ever remembered and maybe could have taken 3rd with another day or two. Thanks to Rev for hosting competition - I would never had played the game otherwise. Hey Jason, what does the ?4 Mean on your screen shot? I assume you had way more than 4 guys left?

Hope all is well and thanks again Rev.

Joe

For anyone interested (and until Rev fixes the screenshot on the Leader board), here is my final screenshot:

Thanks again to Rev for working so hard on the Mouse Trap reissue, the competition, and the prizes. Thanks to Scalpel for inspiring me to keep playing after reaching 4 million for fear that he would soon master the game and beat my score ;-) Great score at well over 4 million! Also, thanks to everyone who actually played the game and submitted a score. I was afraid for a while there that no one was playing. These are always more fun when lots of people play.
Stats:
You probably don't want to be bored with stats and calculations, so.....here are some stats and calculations:
On average, I scored around 20,000 points per map. Each map took an average of 1 to 1.5 minutes to clear. Therefore, in scoring 20,000,000 points....
1,000 maps = the approximate number of maps that I had to clear
16-24 hours = the approximate number of direct hours I spent playing the game
16 days = the total number of days I spent playing a single game (playing around 1-2 hours every night). Never turned off my Intellivision the entire time :-o
I had fun, but I'm glad that it's over. Time to start playing Carol vs. Ghost! Those patches aren't going to win themselves :D

Really, Congrats Jason ! IT'S COMPLETELY CRAAAAZZZZYYYYYYYY ^^

16 days ? Wow !!!

Never mind Jason, how about some Congrats to the Inty itself for not overheating and/or burning his house down - 16 consecutive days on or however many days - just goes to show that the intellivision was built quite well to take that level of playing. Thank God for the "pause" feature and for being built well - Long live the Inty:-) Hey Jason, play Mousetrap again through the intellivoice and see if it adds sound like - "how about a f*****g break from all this cheese s**t":-)

Never mind Jason, how about some Congrats to the Inty itself for not overheating and/or burning his house down - 16 consecutive days on or however many days - just goes to show that the intellivision was built quite well to take that level of playing. Thank God for the "pause" feature and for being built well - Long live the Inty:-) Hey Jason, play Mousetrap again through the intellivoice and see if it adds sound like - "how about a f*****g break from all this cheese s**t":-)

Lol!

I finally flipped it off this morning. Total run time = 23 days, although I haven't played since the 26th. I kept a fan blowing over the console anytime I wasn't actively playing. The controller took a little bit of a beating, though. I would have alternated, but P2 doesn't work in mouse trap.