IGNORED

Help us find Stainless Software titles

Willsy

Stephen Shaw is looking for titles that he used to sell back in the day, when he ran Stainless Software (a 4A software house in the UK). Can I ask people to check their libraries, and also the TI Game Base (I don't have it, sorry) to see if any of the following titles are available.

Thanks

---------------------------

Stainless Software was a computer software publishing business operated in the United Kingdom by Stephen Shaw from 1982 to 1985, catering only for the Texas Instruments TI99/4a Home Computer.

Help please!

I am looking for the following programs, formerly issued by Stainless Software, in any TI Emulator format (eg PC99 or TI Emulate, Mess, 99sim etc etc.). [ NOT as a Windows executable- I don't have that!! ] It would be nice to be able to offer these collected together on this site - so far I have five emulated TI disks worth, but there are so many more.

Some of these programs were in the Stainless Software catalogue for only brief periods, and some although in the catalogue for years, do not seem to have sold a single copy - these will have been lost, alas.

Most of the programs sold did not indicate on them that they came from Stainless Software. I have placed as full a copy as possible of the Stainless Software Catalogue of programs onto the internet, which you can refer to for author names or program details. I am now adding to this links to magazine reviews.

In alphabetical order then, the programs I am looking for:

3D FUNC , AUTO 3D FUNC; 3D RACE; 3D STALKERS; 5 CAR STUD POKER; ADDVANCE; ALPHA T'OMEGA; AMAZING; ANAGRAM CRACKER; ARIES; ARMADA; ASSEMBLER MATH; ASTROWARS; ASW TACTICS 2; ATTACK MAN; AUTO SOUND UTILITY

BACKGAMMON (NP); BAG BOUNDER; BANKROLL; BATTLE TANKS; BATTLESHIPS Pegg; BEETLE RUN, THE; BELLS; BIORHYTHMS; BLACKJACK; BLUEGRASS SWEEPSTAKES; BOUNCING BUGS; BRAINTWISTERS 1; BRAINTWISTERS 2; BRAINTWISTERS 3; BREAKPOINT;

CANNONBALL CHESS; CARS AND CARCASSES 2; CHARACTER CREATOR (McK); CHECKERBOARD SQUARE; CHEMTUTOR 1; CO-LIST; CONCORDIA; COUNTING WITH COINS; CRASH; CRASH UP; CROSS COUNTRY CAR RALLY; CROSSES; CROSSUMS; CROSSWORD CHALLENGE; CU*BERT (Strassen); CUT OFF

DATA RESCUE; DEATH PARK; DECATHLON; DEFEND THE CITIES; DEFEND THE CITIES 2; DESIGNS FOR FUN; DEVIL CRAZE; DISK UTILITY PROGRAM; DISPLAY ENHANCEMENT PACKAGE; DUNGEON GOLD;

FAST FROG; FFF ASTEROIDS; FIGHTER PILOT; FIRELADY; FISH; FOOD OF THE GODS; FREEFORM AND TRIANGLES; GALACTIC ENCOUNTER; GALACTIC GUNFIGHT; GEM GRABBER; GLOBAL RESCUE; GO FOR THE GOLD; GOBLINS REVENGE; GOPHER; GRAIL QUEST; GRAPHICS PACKAGE (NORTON); GREEDY GREEN GRABBERS; GUESS; H M S TEXAS; HALLOWEEN; HAPPY MATH; HEXDECHEX; HI D PLOT, LINES, DIMPLE; HORDES; HORSERACE;

IMHOTEP; INVASION; KEYPLOT (XB ONLY); KEYS OF THE CASTLE; LASER TANK; LEDGERS; LIFE EXPECTANCY; LUNAR BASE/TORPEDO FIRE; LUNAR LANDER; MAD SCIENTIST; MAN AND MONSTERS; MARS MINE LANDER; MARTIAN MONSTERS; MATCH WITS; MATH FLASH ASTRONAUT; MATH FLASH PILOT; MEGA FIGHTER; METEOR STORM; MINING GAME; MOSAICS; MOTOR CROSS; MR D; MR FROG; MUSIC; MUSIC SYNTHESISER

NIGHT FLIGHT; NOMAD (DEJ); NORBERT; NOTEWORTHY; OPHYSS; OUTLAND; PENGI; PILOT; PIT, THE (A Myers); PLANET DESTROYER; QUADRABLITZ; QUICKER QWERTY; RADAR DEFENCE; RALLY CROSS; ROO; ROULETTE

SAVE A SKETCH (MM); SAVE A SKETCH (xb 32K); SCEPTER OF KZIRGLA; SCRIBBLE; SENGOKU JIDAI; SHIPS; SHUTTLE COMMAND; SKY DIVE; SLARI; SMASH; SNOOKER; SPELLING AND PHONICS; SPLODGE; SPRING HEELED JACK; SPY'S DEMISE; SQUARES; STAR TREK (Norton); STARSHIP PEGASUS; SUPER FROGGER; SUPER JACKPOT

TANK (Norton); TANK ATAK; TEXAS RANGER; TICKWORLD; TIME TUTOR; TOWER; TRACTOR FOLLIES; UP PERISCOPE; VIDEO TITLES; WALDOBALL; WONKAPILLAR; WORD PROCESSOR; WORM CHASE;

Many thanks to anyone who can help.

There's only Spring Heeled Jack and Robin Hood come up in the Gamebase as Stainless Software, but a lot of other titles shown above also come up in the Gamebase under different producers, be interesting to see if anyone can match titles shown that are'nt also in the Gamebase as I'm always on the lookout to add new titles, incidently there was a big list of TI programmers shown on here sometime ago and there was still quite a few titles on it that are still not yet in the Gamebase, with some titles I have to wonder if they just faded into the midst of time but I'm sure some of you out there also have stuff in your collections that is not yet in the Gamebase, if only some nice people with big software collection were to spare a little time to go through it.

Looking at the list, it contains all of the Not-Polyoptics releases, all of the Norton releases, some stuff from Oak Tree Systems (the Display Enhancement Package), some CSI Design Group stuff, some Miller's Graphics stuff, and a few others that I don't remember the original US sources for. It also has a lot of titles that didn't come from one of those sources, which makes them the ones to really look for, as many of the ones which also had US sources are available already.

Edited by Ksarul
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...