IGNORED

PSN Store is now on Amazon

cimerians

This is weird to me.

They had a Xbox Live store a few years back. Didn't last very long.

I thought it was a great idea. You could buy Live games and get the code so sending a friend a game like for instance for a bday gift was a breeze, you could just PM them a message and the code. I don't think it was around for more than a year or two. I assumed because it wasn't worth it to them. In other words, they weren't selling codes. Wonder if they think that trend has changed.

This is weird to me.

I thought it was a great idea. You could buy Live games and get the code so sending a friend a game like for instance for a bday gift was a breeze, you could just PM them a message and the code. I don't think it was around for more than a year or two. I assumed because it wasn't worth it to them. In other words, they weren't selling codes. Wonder if they think that trend has changed.

I remember that, I have a feeling this may share the same fate if nobody uses it or if Amazon simply puts no effort into it, like sales or whatever.

I would definitely use it for gifting and of course whatever discounts you can get with Amazon. I wonder if Sony will police the sales at all...it would be nice to see price drops on Amazon that are not on the PSN store.

I wonder if Sony will police the sales at all...it would be nice to see price drops on Amazon that are not on the PSN store.

I recall it happened very rarely when they did the Xbox games. I did get Flock at $5 less than the Live price using Amazon, but mainly I just used it for others to send them games like at Xmas, and it was the regular prices.

Meh. I checked it out. It's just select titles and DLC for the titles PSN pushes all the time.

I think you might have been looking at just the titles eligible for the $5 credit. Looks like they have about 11 pages of games you can get via code...

It's not set up very well. You have to scroll to the bottom and start turning pages to see all the PSN titles offered. Athough you're right, It's not all the games available it doesn't look like.

Amazon.com used to sell PSN voucher codes as well a few years ago. I have PSN codes in my Amazon.com account ranging from October 2009 through February 2011. I think Amazon discontinued it around the time of the PSN hack, for reasons undisclosed.

I would definitely use it for gifting and of course whatever discounts you can get with Amazon. I wonder if Sony will police the sales at all...it would be nice to see price drops on Amazon that are not on the PSN store.

Gifting is the main benefit of this, definitely. I don't think we can expect sales pricing separate from the PS Store itself. The best deal I got buying a game through Amazon was a pricing error, where they listed a full game for the same cost as each of the 4 component parts of the game (Hot Shots Shorties, PSP), when it was supposed to be 3x that.

A big problem, though, is the tiny selection. I wonder why they didn't at least reactivate the large number of product entries they used to have for PSN content from the first time they had it available. Those old entries are still there, like this one, just disabled from purchase availability and left out of search results.

onmode-ky

Edit: I retract what I said about discounts being unlikely. Already, I see a bit of discounting on the prices of some PS3 games, particularly the ones which are also sold on disc. And, the Fatal Frame and Fatal Frame II: Crimson Butterfly PS2 Classics are only $4 each. As far as I can recall, none of this stuff is on sale in the PS Store itself right now (though those were the Fatal Frame games' prices during a sale a few weeks ago).

Edited by onmode-ky

Edit: I retract what I said about discounts being unlikely. Already, I see a bit of discounting on the prices of some PS3 games, particularly the ones which are also sold on disc. And, the Fatal Frame and Fatal Frame II: Crimson Butterfly PS2 Classics are only $4 each. As far as I can recall, none of this stuff is on sale in the PS Store itself right now (though those were the Fatal Frame games' prices during a sale a few weeks ago).

That's good to hear and yes I noticed both of those Fatal Frame games on sale a few weeks back. I'm not sure why the selection is so small. Legal stuff probably.