IGNORED

TI-99 Photos Thread! Post your systems here!

slinkeey

• 2 weeks later...

So heres my breadboard style TI. The case was ruined, so I built a 70s style breadboard for it. Still have to cut down the oversize heat sink for it, a few other things but... eh, playing Munch Man on this is pretty fun :) I do have an all original perfect later model, the grey one, ill un box it and snag a picture later on.

jjwz0w.jpg

dyrn75.jpg

dcvp8z.jpg

Edited by J.Ivy
  • Like 12

Yeah, it's a work of art. I bet he could get a real nice Plexiglas cover made for it.

Dont worry, I have the plexi to make the cover. I cant get dust on this tech "work of art" :) but yeah, making a plexi cover to go over this is the only way that i can think of displaying it.

oh and yeah, heres my later model TI.

143lt1x.jpg

• Like 1

I picked up this beige one off craigslist for only 20 bucks. Perfect condition and the box is pretty fair too.

I still plan on picking up an earlier black model, I just prefer their looks more. Would be fun to see them next to eachother, displayed in a cabinet.

Edited by J.Ivy

Yea, I need a pristine example both for display... I have a near-perfect silver model in box, but it is not flawless. On the lookout for a NIB-condition of both, but it will likely have to wait til some cash frees up. :)

Anyway, your naked TI is very interesting... Do the glass cover and display that b****.

I like your breadboarded TI. You should see the "Hasenkaefig" that Sven Dyroff turned his console into over in Germany. It was the victim of a lightning strike--and he decided to resurrect it using as many discrete components as he could lay hands on while using every single functional component from the original. It was a work of art--and it even worked. look for the pictures of "Proton" on one of the threads in the TI section. . .

Edited by Ksarul

Got the itch to do some modding :P so I relocated my PEB into a old PC tower I had. And since my monitor has USB ports on it I decided to plug me in a little fan to keep me cool during long gaming runs :)

attachicon.gifIMG_20151024_003829.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_20151024_003943.jpg

Very nice.

I know a lot of us have a spare PEB or so that would like to do this. Has there every been any step by step docs to do this?

Would you happen to have any internal photos on hand?

I could take some tomorrow I guess. But I warn you its not all that pretty on the inside.

Actually i take some now.

post-39068-0-57719000-1445922582_thumb.jpg

As you can see in this pic I need to cover these holes in the front

post-39068-0-27349500-1445922654_thumb.jpg

Here is where I put the fuse :P

post-39068-0-98933300-1445922709_thumb.jpg

And here's the guts :) I actually rearranged some wires while I had it open to be a little prettier for the pic

Edited by Iwantgames:)
  • Like 1