IGNORED

TI-99 Photos Thread! Post your systems here!

slinkeey

Some of the instruction files from years past are obsolete with part numbers from Radio Shack a now defunct company. Some of the more often use text files could be updated with new sources. It's a project I would like to take on, but don't have the time. Now if anyone is interested in starting a thread to post updated projects I think it would be well received.

post-35324-0-71703400-1546575039.jpg

• Like 1

I went to the local thrift store and got two RCA cables for $5, and then hit the Computer Store and got a cable with two 5-pin DINS for $3. So far the most expensive bit of my Composite Video Cable is the heat shrink sleeve...

Now to find my wire-stripping pliers... Pretty sure they are in the ... basement...

888+-+basement+cat+dark+eyes+Scary.jpg

• Like 6

OK.

I survived the thing in the basement, and got the old machine up and running (mostly).

It looks pretty good, but several of the keys do not work. Like the "1" key... which means I can't do much with it yet.

I have no idea why the picture is sideways....

post-66893-0-78595200-1546899819_thumb.jpg

OK.

I survived the thing in the basement, and got the old machine up and running (mostly).

It looks pretty good, but several of the keys do not work. Like the "1" key... which means I can't do much with it yet.

I have no idea why the picture is sideways....

try hitting 1 a bunch of times, sometimes there is just corrosion/etc and it clears up

• Like 2

I'm thinking this is about 1981- me and my granddad. You'll note this is a 99-4, not a 4A :)

Wow, that's an impressive setup and very neatly arranged. Was all of that equipment your grandfather's? What was the large squarish beige chassis to your left?

to be honest, i'm not sure what the heck that is to the left on the desk, lol. my guess is that it was some kind of radio, maybe.

this was my grandpa's 'radio room' when i was a kid- he was VERY particular about how his stuff was kept, I suspect partly from his background in the Navy (and partly because he was just that way).

• Like 1

I like to think that lost somewhere in a drawer of a long-forgotten desk in my elementary school is a photo of ten year-old me punching away at a 99/4 belonging to the school's special assistance room. I remember the photo being taken but was never given a copy.

Ironnerd, I often have that issue with my pix coming in sideways when uploading with my phone.

I assume you are uploading with your phone.

In order to prevent that from happening, open it up in a photo editing app (any app will do, I use Snapseed) and save it. No need to edit or flip it or anything... just open it and save it.

It won't be sideways when you upload it.

Don't ask me why.

• Like 1

Oh the indecision of it all! No matter how hard I've tried, I simply can't get it down to "only one cartridge". Two is pretty good though, one for 'mostly games' and one, one for everything else...

gallery_35324_1001_262948.gif

Try this: 4ADOSFG99.zip

Your auto-booting 4A DOS made to work from the FinalGROM99 Cartridge.

Note: This won't work on UberGrom...

----

I zero'ed the PROGRAM list entry in the 4ADOSC.BIN, made a note of the address it normally launches.

Then added a "4A DOS" PROGRAM entry to the 4ADOSG.BIN, this runs a single byte GPL routine 'EXIT' which takes us back to the boot process, and the powerup routine Tursi wrote...

(adding a program entry to the GROM was necessary to get the FG99 to load it)

Then, I since I zeroed out the entry list in the ROM, I changed Tursi's code that searches for the entry point, to just load the known value for 4A DOS, and proceed to his 'LAUNCH' routine.

-M@

• Like 8

didugnate: yer Grampa was COOL!

Opry99er: Ah-HAH! I'll try that next time (just snapped a couple more pics on the Ti-Phone -- oh if only things had gone differently)

Arcadeshopper: Your's is much more impressive :) (you work in a way cooler place than I do).

finally

--- Ω ---: DOS cart. It's the adult thing to do. By the way, where were you looking to buy the mostly game cart from (I'm just asking for a friend, of course)?