IGNORED

TI-99 Photos Thread! Post your systems here!

slinkeey

Thanks, but it is just a quick ugly hack as I didn´t have time so far to join any meeting at the Austrian TI 99 club. There is a guy who seems to be an expert for 3D printing and he made different cases for diferent nanoPEB versions. I hate add-ons without a case, as all the dust sticks on the PCB then. I hope I will get a better solution at some point.

post-41771-0-82587100-1426865421_thumb.jpg

I also like your solution, it seems to be pretty good suited for the nanoPEB.

By the way, you are charged guilty, for make such a nice TI-99/4A promotion video!

This caused me to dive into the TI stuff after more than 30 years. ;-)

Edited by Dexter
  • Like 3

attachicon.gifpost-26204-0-07099200-1426439084.jpg

I also like your solution, it seems to be pretty good suited for the nanoPEB.

By the way, you are charged guilty, for make such a nice TI-99/4A promotion video!

This caused me to dive into the TI stuff after more than 30 years. ;-)

Thanks :-D I have many topics for TI 99 videos still on my to do list, like a video about the expansion box and also the speech synthesizer.

Currently I have not much time as I have to travel a lot, but I will make those videos for sure at some point.

Thanks :-D I have many topics for TI 99 videos still on my to do list, like a video about the expansion box and also the speech synthesizer.

That would be great. Looking forward to it.

Currently I have not much time as I have to travel a lot, but I will make those videos for sure at some point.

Yes yes, I know, your wife... :-o

LOL

That console looks brand new! :thumbsup:

Thanks, I'm pretty proud of it. There was almost no dust inside the console, I guess it wasn't used much. Since today it runs with eight new CMOS DRAMS.

Edited by Dexter
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Nice cart set for starters. :)

Good to have it up and running, I'm sure!!! Even though it's beige, Im sure youll show it love. Even the fat ugly chick at the dance deserves a dance. :)

And who.knows, she may grow up to be the super hot underwear model. :)

But probably not.

Nice cart set for starters. :)

Good to have it up and running, I'm sure!!! Even though it's beige, Im sure youll show it love. Even the fat ugly chick at the dance deserves a dance. :)

And who.knows, she may grow up to be the super hot underwear model. :)

But probably not.

And it is the 81 motherboard, not the 2.2 one, so it's not "Buffalo Bill" from Silence of the Lambs either.

I'll eventually get a "real" one.

Fyrebird,

Hope all is well in Las Vegas (I spent part of childhood there, Eldorado HS graduate)... anyhow, I have a black and silver (pre 2.2 version so it plays all the Atarisoft/3rd Party titles, etc) in the original box with some scuff marks on the aluminum trim but with all the documentation, power supply, and RF Modulator, and keyboard overlays, as well as some extra 99er magazines that I haven't been able to sell. I'll send the console and magazines your way for the cost of shipping and a large pepperoni pizza... deal? Anyhow, we can get you a fully functioning and proper TI asap! :-)

• Like 1

Fyrebird,

Hope all is well in Las Vegas (I spent part of childhood there, Eldorado HS graduate)... anyhow, I have a black and silver (pre 2.2 version so it plays all the Atarisoft/3rd Party titles, etc) in the original box with some scuff marks on the aluminum trim but with all the documentation, power supply, and RF Modulator, and keyboard overlays, as well as some extra 99er magazines that I haven't been able to sell. I'll send the console and magazines your way for the cost of shipping and a large pepperoni pizza... deal? Anyhow, we can get you a fully functioning and proper TI asap! :-)

Well, it's a little warm here today, but it is Vegas, so..... Sounds like an excellent deal, but I just bought some more stuff today, got some extra money in a couple of weeks, if the offer still available will defiantly take it. just let me know how much to ship it, and large pizza, will even throw in a drink. :) . thank you for the offer. :thumbsup:

• 3 weeks later...

Actually, one of your cartridges piques my curiosity. You have two Navarone cartridges next to your DM2 cartridge. The one with the label mostly on the top (right next to your DM2) is in an odd cartridge case. It looks suspiciously like one from the same molds Personal Peripherals used for the Super Sketch cartridge. I have several Navarone cartridges using this case variant, but I'm trying to confirm if any of them other than the ones I've found exist. So far, I have Speed Reading B, Super Duper, and Database Manager in that case type. Is yours one of those three or is it a different one? These cartridges will be easy to identify--the depression for the label extends under the cartridge case and makes a huge, smooth rectangular area on the underside of the case with a flat head Phillips screw holding the case together.

• Like 2

I kid you not, my plan is to have my ashes stuffed into my extra P-Box before it's sealed in the cubicle. Heck with those fancy boxes. I already have a box, a P-Box!

Not a bad idea! These PEB's are built like tanks. This will have to go into my estate planning :grin:

• Like 1

Current setup. Been enjoying the latest Games multi-carts, Rasmus's triple treat cartridge and of course this hella beauty… the MBX system - FINALLY! :love:

post-13896-0-28555500-1430783300_thumb.jpg

…kind of have my TI stuff scattered about in a few different places in the house, but think this is most of the rest of it:

post-13896-0-82278100-1430784227_thumb.jpg post-13896-0-84624900-1430784238_thumb.jpg

post-13896-0-27341900-1430784229_thumb.jpg post-13896-0-83366000-1430784230_thumb.jpg

post-13896-0-84116600-1430784232_thumb.jpg post-13896-0-42751200-1430784234_thumb.jpg

post-13896-0-79370200-1430784235_thumb.jpg post-13896-0-34709500-1430784237_thumb.jpg

• Like 6