IGNORED

TI-99 Photos Thread! Post your systems here!

slinkeey

My new setup:

System 1:

Beige TI-99/4A with F18A VGA connection

* Finalgrom99 or Extended Basic XB2.7 Suite

* Beige "The Arcade" Joysticks with adapter for TI

* TI Speech Synthesizer

* TI Peripheral Expansion Box (PEB) with switch button

**1 TI Flex Interface Card

**2 Corcomp 512K Memory Card (includes already 32K, thus no other 32K needed. (Missing 12 VDC power supply yet to maintain Ramdisk DSKR. DSK5. DSK6.  There is a switch at the back to save RAM.

CRU address set with jumper to >1400 (need to be on >1000 to be used as DSK1. Need to be configured with a command)

**3 empty slot (reserved in case to place Horizon3000 RamDisk+Rambo occupying both slot 2 and 3, note requires also the 32K card)

**4  TI RS232 Interface Card (and PIO for Parallel I/O)

**5 UCSD P-code system. Switch at the back to select the Pascal Operating System (University of California San Diego)

**6 TIPI PEB box card. CRU address >1000 (external switch at back to change to >1800)

to change order to load from either RAM disk or Floppy Disks

*** Raspberry PI 3B+ with TIPI software loaded (CALL TIPI) and via Wi-Fi interface accessible via a webbrowser https://192.168.1.xx:9900

**7 BWG Floppy Disk Controller for DS/DD (Double Side / Double Density). 3x diskdrives connected. Also has a clock with battery in card  CALL CLOCK. CRU >1100

**8 empty slot.(reserved for 32K card in case HorizonRamDisk is used then 32K is needed).

** 2x beige 5.25" Floppy Disk Drives (support DS/DD). Powered from PEB Box DSK1. and DSK2.

** External 3.5" Floppy Disk Drive, connected to Corcomp Floppy Disk Controller Card external interface. Also powered from the PEB box. DSK3.

System 2:

Geneve 9640 with non-genmod BIOS 1.00

* keyboard Fujitsu FKB2930. OEM-ed by Geneve?

* Mouse - 3 buttons

* TI Peripheral Expansion Box. 99/4 Push Button

**1 TI RS232 interface card with PIO

**2 Horizon3000 Ramdisk with Rambo card and 3x NiMH batteries backup. DSK8. (See setup ninerpedia to boot from disk). Drive E:\

**3 Blocked by Horizon disk as it takes 2 slots

**4 Geneve 9640 card with Joystick (compatible TI adapter DSUB9, need the adapter for 2 Joysticks). Mouse adapter.  9 DIN Pin output configured for RGB (optional with jumper composite). 9 DIN to DSUB9 "Genie" adapter of SHIFT838. DSUB straight cable to GBS8200 version 5 board with VGA connector. (Still have screen stability issues and No Signal once in a while)

**5 empty slot

**6 Corcomp Floppy Disk Controller for DS/DD (Double Side / Double Density). 2x diskdrives connected

**7 empty slot

**8. Rave99 adapter + TI Speech Synthesizer mounted on top of it

** Black 5.25" Disk drive DS/DD

** Beige 3.25" Disk drive DS/DD

System 3: 

Raspberry PI with RetroPi software and

with many systems installed

* TI-99/4A using TI99/Sim emulator (of Marc Rousseau)

* Other systems: MAME, MSX, NES, SNES, Dos, ATARI2600, ATARI7800.

*Configured all the input devices for all systems:

** Fujitsu/Siemens White Keyboard

** Optical Gamer Mouse

** 2x "The Arcade" joysticks via DSUB9 to USB adapter. Configure buttons in RetroPi 

** 2x USB Controllers with light (brand Tego). Configure buttons in RetroPi

Furhermore: more hardware for future posts like (TI-99/4, two versions), different TI-99/4A's, GramKracker, Gramulator, EA RAMmodule, FlashROM, 2048K Games Module (UberGrom).

1x box with a complete Dutch User Group (The Netherlands). TI-GG (TI GebruikersGroep) TIjdingen collection in hardcopy (also the Legio Computer Centre TIjdingen version)

and more books.

Pictures of setup to hide the computers in wooden boxes (to protect against dust) and as they are standing in the living room.

20200617_201640.jpg

20200617_201909.jpg

20200617_203150.jpg

Edited by globeron
  • Like 10

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Vorticon said:

I love how neat and tidy your setups always are. Incidentally, still using a corded phone, eh? :)

Actually that phone is not mine, it belongs to the Shilo Inn in Ocean Shores, WA.  I booked a suite for three days and took the portable TI with me.   The cell phone you see next to the TI is what I used with the TIPI to call the BBS, connect to the Group Chat and to check the weather.  I had to hotspot the phone because their WiFI sucks and you could not connect to it.  

The more I can use my TI for "everyday stuff" the happier I am.  I even have my schedule on it using Remind Me!  I use EDIT80 for all my BATCH/SCRIPT editing.  My eventual 'goal' is to be able to do everything I need to accomplish in a day 100% on the TI.  Will I ever succeed?  Who knows, but we are getting closer year after year.

• Like 3

The problem with the hotel WiFi is likely the log-in portal.  Rokus, for instance, get around this by presenting a direct-connect wireless for your computer to associate, then it proxies the computer connection so you can log in with the computer browser.  Once Internet connectivity is confirmed, the direct-connect can be disabled.  Most systems track your login by the MAC address, though you have to re-authenticate every 24 hours.

Another option would be to spoof your TIPI's MAC address on your computer to log in.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

I don't think I've ever seen one quite like that, but I do have a pair of them that look somewhat like one of the old 10-disk plastic floppy boxes (although I think even 8-inch disks would have some wiggle room in them, as it is two rows of cassettes side-by-side in each half of the case).

• Like 2

8 hours ago, arcadeshopper said:

Got this in a recent acquisition never seen one of these nice binders465abaa5c7cc5332563f9f98b70908a9.jpg8220da7afc0a8f0ece3e449d0a734d0d.jpgf5c7efe62ab571871f69bc55215500a8.jpgfdfdb16ad4c77796c50f0a9a066ee8ba.jpg

Sent from my LM-V600 using Tapatalk

Hi, can you repost them as .JPG that I can downoad them ? (or PM)

thanks

PS: download are broken files, sayiing "not enough memory".
I also tried to edit and resave them, but this does not work

Edited by Schmitzi

2 hours ago, Schmitzi said:

Hi, can you repost them as .JPG that I can downoad them ? (or PM)

thanks

PS: download are broken files, sayiing "not enough memory".
I also tried to edit and resave them, but this does not work

Here you go @Schmitzi

It appears the images in the post by @arcadeshopper are hosted at another site.  Here are reposts of the images, and also in a .ZIP file.

Image-1.jpg.d312f0e266c6e146c0d06a15e881741f.jpg

Image-2.jpg.f09b92c371f3cefd63094f9a76770a8e.jpg

Image-3.jpg.9461a135605ac23b528fb3455292a3de.jpg

Image-4.jpg.c81816e3af55c03bd0e6f916b6193df7.jpg

Images.zip

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

I had a few minutes today to go through this thread today and noticed some of the pictures are no longer available, and many are a few years old now.  I also figure quite a few of you have also updated your systems over the years, soooooo how about we get some new, replacement and updated photos?  I've always loved seeing your systems, and can't imagine I'm the only one.

Hi, just joined after recently requiring a TI-99/4a. Grew up with 8-bit computers (and one with a 16 bit CPU....) as my dad sold them at the time. Had therefore the luck to basically try them all.

Four systems I worked by far the most with: the Commodore 64 (later 128D), ZX Spectrum, Oric Atmos and the TI-99/4a. Only my original Commodore 128D survived and is still working. Recently I completed the original four again by also acquiring a ZX Spectrum 128, Oric Atmos and finally the TI.

Have added the FinalGROM99 and a 32k extension.

Foto’s of my setup now and my setup back when I was a child:

4810FA8D-9BEA-4414-A57D-CC0005AA96DE.jpeg

01C35DB9-7933-4482-A5B6-50E21F4ED318.jpeg

D16CA942-2C41-496E-8BD4-B32864794945.jpeg

Edited by xahmol
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Omega-TI said:

Did you print those cases up yourself?

No. Don't have my own printer alas....

Ordered them from webshops. Was looking at Arcadeshopper and The Brewing Academy, but in these COVID days, I prefer European sellers as delivery is much faster and more reliable in present circumstances. Especially also as shipping costs are crazy now overseas.

So FinalGROM99 came from https://www.8bits4ever.net/ and 32k extension came from https://sordan.ie/

Edited by xahmol
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, xahmol said:

Hi, just joined after recently requiring a TI-99/4a. Grew up with 8-bit computers (and one with a 16 bit CPU....) as my dad sold them at the time. Had therefore the luck to basically try them all.

Four systems I worked by far the most with: the Commodore 64 (later 128D), ZX Spectrum, Oric Atmos and the TI-99/4a. Only my original Commodore 128D survived and is still working. Recently I completed the original four again by also acquiring a ZX Spectrum 128, Oric Atmos and finally the TI.

Have added the FinalGROM99 and a 32k extension.

Foto’s of my setup now and my setup back when I was a child:

4810FA8D-9BEA-4414-A57D-CC0005AA96DE.jpeg

01C35DB9-7933-4482-A5B6-50E21F4ED318.jpeg

D16CA942-2C41-496E-8BD4-B32864794945.jpeg

Based in Netherlands? (Dutch green TI manual and Praxis bag). 

Maybe to your interest: http://www.ti-99.nl/

and http://www.ti99-geek.nl/

there are still TI meetings in NL.

Also TIjdingen magazines are all in PDF format (in Dutch language)